HubSpot Ideas

pika

Filter forms on external pages

Hello!

We are using HubSpot forms on our external pages. For easier mainentenance, we would like to use one form for 32 pages, but to seperate in HubSpot lists on which page the form has been filled out. Also we would like to send form filling notification emails (contact's details) to different persons, depending on which page the form was filled out. Right now, it's not possible to do it with HubSpot's workflow for external pages - it's possible only for internal HubSpot pages. So we need to create 32 forms with the same structure, and if we need to add new column, we need to do it 32 times. So it's unnecessary work when we could do it only for 1 form.

Could you develop this feature on which page HubSpot form was filled out on external page for workflows and lists? It would save a lot of time from us.

33 Replies
dtavenues
Contributor

Came here to submit the same idea. It looks like it should be possible since the timeline activity shows what external page the form was filled out on. Hope this can be implemented.

robinsonjn22
Participant | Partner

Agree! The data seems to exist, but it's not an option for list segmentation. The ability to not have to have a 1:1 ratio of form to activity is amazing on landing pages but not everyone uses the HubSpot CMS so this would be an extremely helpful update. 

richard88
HubSpot Employee

Hello! The ability to filter in lists and workflows by an external url would be extremely helpful! It seems like it would be possible since this is already recorded on the contact activity record, but is it possible to add that feature to Hubspot's other tools? This way customers who are not on HubSpot CMS can still benefit from this valuable tool! 🙂

adeffe
Participant

We'd also like to have the possibilty to filter contatcs gathered via external forms and group them in different lists based on the url where they submitted the form.

KThrun

So all you need is a variable to filter for.

That that isn't possible in a software like this in 2022. Wow... 

Jeff-Morgan
Contributor

It is UNBELIEVABLE that this feature is not already in Hubspot and UNFATHOMABLE that it isn't even on the roadmap.

Do better Hubspot, this is soooo stupid.

matttunney
Top Contributor

+1 for this idea.

At the moment for every page that has a form, I have to make a unique form, workflow and email.
Any tracked web page activity is recorded against a contact, so surely that data should be available as a value that can be queried in a filter

If external URL was availble as a filter across workflows or other conditional elements it'd massivly simplfy any "backend" infrastrcuture required in hubspot.

CBrady

This is wild that we can't do this, especially after we were told it was possible only to find out that it's a feature available only to those who create and build the pages from within HubSpot itself. 

Less of a would love to see and more of a, needs to be done asap

TheMattZelasko
Participant | Diamond Partner

+1

This would be great to be able to do. 

CTeba

It's the same for us. +10000

CPresz3

This would be extremely helpful, especially when working with one form on different landing pages - it's very time consuming to create a different form for each supplier in my case...

NLaRue
Participant

We use 1 form for all ebooks and pass a field called Form URL which is the URL they filled out the form on, but it can be buggy if someone is refusing cookies, ect. So having this feature to define the external URL would make this so much easier. This is some basic Marketo functionality.

MMoss-Hawkins

This is standard in Marketo.... feels like a silly play to try and get people to use hubspot CMS/LPs and it's lame. It's funny too cause you know hubspot has this capability/data already stored because you can see which urls forms were filled out on on the form analytics page. 

sjunnila
Member | Partner

This is badly needed. As someone already said, we can overcome this using hidden fields, but it can be buggy which doesn't create a good experience.

matttunney
Top Contributor

Adding this here are a workaround
https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Lists-Lead-Scoring-Workflows/How-Trigger-or-Enroll-in-Workflow-with...

As the @PSzkaradek suggests
Create a empty hidden field, named `Form url`, on the hubspot form.
Then on your form embed code add in a function to the `onFromReady` function.
You can then construct a workflow to send out the correct email response to the contact.

Example:

function setInputValue(els, v) {
  var elements = document.getElementsByName(els);
  for (var i = 0; i < elements.length; i++) {
    elements[i].value = v;
    elements[i].dispatchEvent(new Event("input", { bubbles: true }));
  }
}

hbspt.forms.create({
  portalId: "myPortalID",
  formId: "myFormID",
  target: "#myDiv",
  css: "",
  onFormReady: function () {
    setInputValue("form_url", window.location.href);
  },
});

As some others have suggested in this thread this could prone to error.
The last thing we need is to send a contact the wrong email because of a bug.

fiberpunk
Contributor

+1 ... This is sorely needed.

sparam
Participant

Same here. We have some 500 different forms in use. - Quite hard to maintain.

TiagoP

+1 - This would make managing multiple external forms and workflows so much easier

DionathaRod

+1 we have a lot forms external hubspot landing pages! 

WalCosta

+1 we have a lot forms external hubspot landing pages!