HubSpot Ideas

kthng

Filter custom object based on associated company records

Posting on behalf of a customer! 

The current custom object tool does not allow for us to filter/create a list of custom objects based on the company associated as well as based on the properties of a custom object. 

It will be great if we can do the following: 

1. filter the custom object based on the company associated,

2. filter the custom object based on the properties of the custom object

For example, to show the custom objects (e.g. number of services) that are associated to a company record, and then filter based on the properties of the custom object 

64 Replies
XWestenthanne
Participant

Any Updates here from product team for a release date?

PVignon

Upvoting this. We need this as well 🙂

Saper
Contributor

It's ridiculous that this is not supported. Custom objects become pretty useless when you can't take advantage of the associations with other objects both in terms of automation and reporting.

fiberpunk
Contributor

I agree that this is much needed, particularly also the option to display an associated contact in a custom objects list view – which seems like a low-hanging fruit to me, as it already exists for eg. Deals. Custom objects should really catch up on some of those basics.

NicoleJ
HubSpot Moderator

+1

tebones

+1 

Any ETA on this change? We need it as well. We have just deplyed our COs, and it takes about 2 working days until users asks for this.

TTrans
Participant

+1

roland_deshane
Participant

Definitly need to be able to use the Association Labels functionality to allow for multiple association types with custom objects. Sounded like this was in the works, any updates on timeline? 

Jim-HM
Participant

Really need this option! +1000

David_Bolton
Participant

This is a must. Any timescale?

ZSavitz

Echoing this feedback. Custom object creation feels very incomplete without the record association and filtering capability in a table view.

Your knowledge base article on custom object creation should have a big disclaimer about this limitation.

yasiooy
Participant | Diamond Partner

@KyleJepson has there been any development in this? Multiple clients have requested this lately

KyleJepson
Inbound Professor

@yasiooy -- I don't know the exact status of this. Filtering on associated records is something that can only be done in the Lists tool, which currently only supports Contacts and Companies. I believe we are working on making the Lists tool support all objects (so custom objects, yes, but also deals and tickets), but I don't know when or how that will happen.

NeilClarke
Member | Elite Partner

100% we need this feature asap. We have multiple clients asking for this.

NCO
Top Contributor

+1

MPurchase
Member | Diamond Partner

We are working with a client where being able to filter and associate a custom object with a company is very business critical to the integration work we are doing. Would be good to know if this is something that is planned. This is already built in for standard objects and you can manage the associations using workflows to populate a field so hopefully it wouldn't be too much of an effort to apply across all objects for filtering

JBromen

+100!

Need to be able to build "custom object-based" lists and not just contact/company-based.

DAdmin

+200
This is a feature which our clients desperately need so that they are able to drill into contact and company profiles from a custom object view.

LLynam
Participant

We need this. Being new to HubSpot and coming from a much cheaper platform, I am incredibly suprised it doesn't support basic things like this.

Iffah
HubSpot Employee

Upvoting this idea on behalf of a customer: Including the associated object IDs would help with importing and exporting across sandbox environments.