Filter contact views by associated tasks

Since i use Tasks every day (and live in the Tasks field), I absolutely need a way to track data in those tasks. For instance, I want to see who I've contacted via Tasks over a certain period of time. I want to see a list of contacts where I created a Call 2 Task. I want to see a list of tasks created by HS Owner (I'm not the owner)., etc.

HubSpot updates
13 Replies
noah
Occasional Contributor

Absolute need for a good workflow!

austinpostler
Regular Contributor

Great idea and would be very helpful to our business.

sheldonz
New Contributor

The ability to view contacts based on when a task is due and/or if there are any tasks scheduled would be awesome for our sales team's follow up efforts.

GrzegorzF
Occasional Contributor

to filter contacts wchich does not have open tasks , with filtering by: overdue, today, futuer

Chris_Mobomo
New Contributor

Hi everyone --

Is it possible to filter Contacts by a Task title or notes? I've attempted this several times, but I can't find any filter options related to Tasks. We standardize our Task names, and it would be incredibly helpful to filter lists of Contacts based on whether a specific Task was completed.

Example scenario: We often reach out to associations and nonprofits, and I typically include "association" in the Task subject line. It would be very helpful to have the ability to filter my Contacts by whether they have a Task with "association" in the title so that when we organize new calling campaigns targeting associations, we can easily pull a list of Contacts we've reached out to in the past. 

I've identified two workarounds, but neither is perfect:

1) Search "Completed" Tasks by keyword -- however, then you're reduced to the limited selection of columns and sorting options in the Task section. There's no way to look at the list by Company, most recent outreach, etc. Also, having tested it again just now, it's pulling in tasks for Contacts/Companies with "association" in the name, even if "association" is nowhere in the Task title.

2) Categorize Companies and Contacts by the type of organization. Can do this moving forward, but doesn't help much with the thousands of Contacts/Companies already in our HubSpot account, without manually fixing them. 

If this isn't standard functionality at this point, additional filter options for Contacts/Companies in a future release would be incredbily helpful -- another one of the top of my head is the ability to filter for keywords in Call or Meeting notes (i.e., if the word "Drupal" was mentioned in the logged notes) .

Thanks --

Christian

Perrakoski
Occasional Contributor

I agree with these Ideas! for us we are especially interested in how to filter and sort by "Associated with" on the Task table view.

HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hi there,

Something associated with this as well -- it would be nice that we can filter by conversations as we do have the tool now, it would be useful it we can filter it by someone who has talked to us in the CRM by date as wellSmiley Happy

Best,
Cassie

AmberT
New Contributor

I would like this as well.  Then I could filter by 

• last activity date known AND

• open task

It would help me make sure a deal doesn’t slip through the cracks in case I accidentally forget to make a next task for a good prospect.

KMP

How in the world can this functionality not be avilable? My reps are managing more than 200 leads - we need a report that shows contacts without an open task or meeting. 

maxmcchesney
Occasional Contributor

This has my vote! I need a way to filter contacts by the existence of a task (similar to "Currently in Sequence" property), so we can quickly identify contacts who don't have a "follow up" task and are falling through the cracks.