HubSpot Ideas

katie_cort

Filter by property equal to another property

It would be great if we had a filter for lists or a workflow enrollment trigger that allowed contacts to enroll if they had a property that is equal to another property. For example if email = alternative email, it would be helpful for tagging/locating duplicates. Right now we have to use matching keywords or characters among properties for this to work.

19 Replies
alexluartes

Agree, I also asked the same thing from HubSpot support and as of now, they don't have a feature to check whether property A = property B for workflow enrollment triggers 😕

Yupvoted
HubSpot Employee

The current workaround for this involves having multiple branches within the workflow to individually check if Property A matches Property B, which can get really complex when dealing with multiple values. 

jwiedenheft
Contributor

Running into this issue now. 

Specifically, our situation is I need to make a list where "Property A is greater than Property B" OR "Property A is equal to Property B". These are date picker properties. Basically I want the "newest" date. I can do this with the "greater than" list filter, but if the dates are equal they don't show up on the list even if the values are known.

YAKHTAB

Hello, 
I need the same thing for an urgent project. 
Hope HubSpot can answer our request. 
Thank you

MvC

Yes, I would like to be able to compare two properties. In our case, it's the date of the deal's completion and the date when the deal was moved to the corresponding "Sold" deal phase. Only then can I determine if an error occurred or if someone moved the deal belated. This is crucial for tracking.

MPenfold
Contributor

The scenario I have for requiring this is to be able to create a filter on a report so I can see any objects that aren't aligned with associated objects on the equivalent property.

For example, we have the "Country" and "State" properties on both contacts and companies and I want to be able to see when a contact is associated with a company where the country and/or state is different on the two objects e.g. the contact is in Australia but the company is in New Zealand.

This is important as it enables us to identify contacts that may have moved companies and where our records are out of date.

SEngleby

Adding to this here - 
I'd like to compare two properties and have two branches -
one if Property A is greater than Property B, and another if Property A is less than Property B

ShaunMarais

This is absolutely essential - this would make Workflows that check for duplicate properties a breeze & is AN ABSOLUTE MUST!
Shaun
Seeff

JannieEngen
Contributor

Same usecase as @MPenfold ! We need this to check on our data.

AnnaPietka
Participant

My company would also profit from this solution implemented!

Peistola

Glad to see that this thread has been recently active, despite being first introduced in 2021.

I'm here to step in to the line of people desperately waiting for this feature.

In my current case I would've needed to compare the contact's message field to the most recent deal's description to see if they match. This is of course to try and overcome the issue where the workflow gets triggered whenever a user submits a specific form, but somehow manages to submit it twice (user and/or client error, usually).

Right now I can't figure out a way to filter out submissions with identical content from triggering the workflow, which in the end leads to duplicate deals.

JohannaD
Member | Platinum Partner

This is absolutely an urgent feature that is needed for any standard CRM!! Would be super useful in creating and updated deals who are associated to contacts, when multiple deals might exist for one contact. 

YAli8

Two and a half year later we are still waiting.

jckraus

Same here. We need to compare two date properties. It would be great to compare like this:

Property_A equal to Property_B

Property_A greater than Property_B

Property_A greater than or equal Property_B

Property_A lower than Property_B

Property_A lower than or equal Property_B

Property_A between Property_B and Property_C

michjones18
Participant

Still interested in this, think it's critical for filtering and workflow enrolment, if/then branches

Rgonzalez1
Contributor | Diamond Partner

Hi Team:

Comparing two properties is so important.

We have a use case, if SDR rep is not a member of SDR Team, then reassign the lead to SDR rep. 

GCasali
Participant | Diamond Partner

I definitely need this! I hope we have this soon

JannieEngen
Contributor

Need this to clean data from our integration!

CHardin4

Need to be able to do this for our workflows as well!