HubSpot Ideas

dtempleton

Filter OUT list memberships in a report.

I wanted to show Wistia video watches for specific videos in a report. I created a list for each video. I then build a report based on list membership and filtered in the new lists I created. Only issue is that I cannt filter out ALL the rest of the list the contacts are a part of.

It would be great to be able to target exactly which lists I'd like to see.

Thanks!

23 Replies
Hawk-Steve
Top Contributor

Good idea, this is one that has come up for us as well recently.

I would like to create a dashboard that shows off specific list memberships. It's a little hard to do so when the contact's are members of multiple lists.

Specific lists should be data objects that get pulled into reports.

List membership report.PNG

ARaimondi

Good idea!

Create a report to compare few lists could be very useful. Unfortunately now is possible only to select "List membership" in "Data Step" without any type of filter. This feature could be fantastic for all HubSpot users!

Andrea

rwong
HubSpot Employee

Upvoting this on behalf of a customer. It would be great if reports don't pull in ALL lists that contacts are a part of, and only segment them by the lists I'd included in the filter. 

emmarudeck
Member | Platinum Partner

Just upvoted - I've recently come across the same problem when creating reports.

Having the ability to filter the lists that appear in the reports, rather than showing ALL the lists, would be hugely valuable!

TemiO
Participant

Also upvoting this for a customer! 

Bruamico
Participant | Diamond Partner

Gents, this is a HUGE need. We often need this kind of segmentation!

Mdlanejax
Participant

Yes please! I literally said this yesterday, "Only issue is that I cannt filter out ALL the rest of the list the contacts are a part of."

I'm using static lists for my resluting bins of leads at the end of a prospecting workflow, but forgot that, "Hey I've got 10 Active lists sorting people by regions and another 10 to fill in missing info...etc..." So now all of a sudden my new prospect Bob is a popular guy, in the list world at least. How can we report from these different lists? We resorted to the list membership coupled with lead statuses. If they fell into the unsubscribe list, they also were designated as Not Qualified, if they Clicked they went to Interested...so on and so forth for however many lists you need.

If there is an improvement to reporting with list, I'd also keep in mind being able to intermingle or seperate active and static lits within reports.

rojasv

I also need this feature in reports. I wanted to create a report using a couple of lists and it didn't work as expected.

mcraciun
HubSpot Employee

+1 would love the ability to be able to filter out contacts based on whether that contact is a member of ANY other list. Currently, you would need to select the specific list > is not a member of and repeat this step for all your lists, which can be quite tedious when you have lots of lists. 

scuratolo20

This is exactly also a feature we would need so desperately. We have hundreds of lists and if I just want to select one and exclude all the others to not interfere with their contacts I will be creating those filters for days.

YiRui_Chua
HubSpot Employee

Upvoting this on behalf of a customer. It would be great if reports don't pull in ALL lists that contacts are a part of, and only segment them by the lists I'd included in the filter. 

Esther1
Member | Diamond Partner

This would be very helpful!!

dsecareanu
Top Contributor | Partner

Extremely important feature to have... a lot of reports are based on list membership and is really frustrating to be able to filter contacts by list membership in almost any other part of HubSpot but not in reports...

JOB3
HubSpot Employee

It would be helpful to break down reports by list membership so customers can compare different lists within the same report instead of having to create multiple reports 

lindahouben
Contributor | Elite Partner

Would love for this option to become available. By creating reports based on lists you can really segment your data

Jungch2

Upvoted!

Jung_Yueh_Lien
Participant | Diamond Partner

Upvoted ! the ability to filter the lists that appear in the reports, rather than showing ALL the lists

seems this request be brought out since‎ Jul 31, 2019 !

Welcome to 2022

lol

lindahouben
Contributor | Elite Partner

Would be a great feature. It's easy to segment groups into lists, but it's a pain to display that into 1 report. 

froettgen
HubSpot Employee

Would be useful to filter out form submissions that were entered for test purposes.

VSmart

I create different lists based on GEO etc and can't believe I can't compare the overall performance of one list against another! Should absolutely be a feature. I also wanted the y Axis to show bounced contacts/registrations etc and the x axis to show the list names to give me an idea of quality per list.