HubSpot Ideas

robertsitalia

Filter Incoming Data From Salesforce in Hubspot

1)What is your current goal and what is the roadblock that is stopping you from carrying it out?
I would love to more easily control what sort of data qualifies to enter Hubspot from Salesforce, by configuring filters in Hubspot. Right now the only way is to use permission sets based on integration users within Salesforce https://www.hubspot.com/salesforce-selective-sync

2) What is your proposed solution and how would it add value to the tool?
Within the Salesforce integration configuration window, there could be a data filter section which creates the criteria for which leads/contacts would be imported/updated from Salesforce into hubspot. Rather than adding limits onto integration users (which might be problematic as setting up correct permission sets can be time consuming to be done correctly), integration users can have full admin access which allows them to do what they need to do, and changing integration settings is quick. 

3) Do you have any examples of other software apps that have this functionality?
You can do this in Eloqua.

4) What package are you currently on?
Enterprise
2 Replies
MSkotz

This would be great currently dealing with the same thing. In order to get the selective sync to work Ill have to create a hubspot sandbox and connect it to salesforce sandbox and then test 28 different profiles to then have to repeat this exact process in the live salesforce instance. Pretty rediculous to me that every other major marketing automation tool can do this simply without a giant headache. Coming from Marketo I am realizing how much of downgrade HubSpot is. 

Pretty confident that HubSpot makes this a huge pain the a$$ because they want you to use HubSpot CRM. 

David_Clothier

I'm dealing with the same issue here. While it's great you can be selective about what in Hubspot is synchronised over to SF (inclusion list etc) it would be awesome if the same were applied the other way around - to be able to pick a salesforce field (OOTB or custom) and add some criteria to either match or exclude SF records.

As an example... something like:

Only sync Salesforce leads where 'lifecycle stage' (salesforce lead custom picklist) 'does not equal' (operator) 'subscriber' (picklist value). 

Here what this looks like for Enrich in  ZoomInfo:

Screen Shot 2021-04-14 at 14.54.31.png