HubSpot Ideas

margo_northcutt

Filter Deals by associated Products

Our Sales team would like to be able to filter Deals by Products related to the Deal.

Today we use (probably too many) Deal Stages/Pipelines to distinguish which product someone is interested in purchasing. This way of tracking products seems duplicative now that HubSpot has the Product object on Deals.

Ideally, Marketing would also love to be able to trigger workflows, build smart lists based on Products. (For example, if a contact is associated to a Deal with Product X, and the Deal Stage is "Closed Won", trigger an onboarding nurture series relevant to Product X.)

72 Replies
bbrunomello

Once I'm using products feature on Hubspot I assumed that filtering deals by product it will be a easy (and obvious) task - but no.

I have speciallized teams for each product, so it's very important for us to filter by product and also use as workflow trigger. 

evweiss1122

THIS IS A MAJOR ISSUE FOR US. We don't want a million deal stages and we use the product object as a major filter for us when looking at our pipeline. PLEASE ADD THIS ASAP!!! 

PierreS
Participant

It's hard to believe this isn't supposed to be possible. But it really is so. We need this feauture too, please.

Dkracirik1

Hi HubSpot,

Any update on this? I know that it's due to the object that deals were built on, but this would make the product's feature much more applicable to sales pipelines/ reporting. 

Has there been any movement?

erickievit
Participant

We too have a need for this functionality. At the moment there is no proper way to report on the different products that our owners are selling split out by the specific deals. We want to be able to report and trigger workflow based on this association. 

JoshHSoftBank
Participant

Updates on this?!

It's been almost 2 years now. And this post has a lot of upvotes. I'm confused how we can really use Products if you can't automate or filter with them....

Arun_Opto22
Contributor

Arun the "OG" of this old issue piping in here: Now that Hubspot has the "Quotes" feature (which BTW is great), in which you insert "products", this becomes even more important.

forgift
Participant | Elite Partner

This feature is Important to me. There's any update about it?

peterq

We need to be able to filter by products! Please implement this feature.

Currently have a super wonky workaround in place.

Workflow to update a custom "Product(s) purchased" property.

1. Enrollment trigger -> line item (SKU)
  2. Set/append property value for our custom property (multi-checkbox with all product values) based on the SKU

But it would be so much better if there was a HubSpot native way to filter!

bkeller
HubSpot Product Team

Heavyuser
Participant

My need is not only related to filtering by products but also to identify if a Deal is created but Products are missing all together.

AGRASSIAN

This is basic functionality.   I am very surprised to come up against this limitation (after purchasing).  

The main problem is the barrier that seems to be in place between the product and deal database/properties.  Please eliminate this barrier so users can filter, calculate, review deals by product. 

lukewd
Participant

We also need this. Really surprised it hasn't been done yet. I would have thought this is one of the first things you would want to filter Deals for and create views for...

Arun_Opto22
Contributor

@peterq Is on to something maybe. I just saw the April Product Update video. At about 5 minutes 50 seconds in, where they discuss products, they introduce "SKU's" and "Custom Properties". These could probably be used to filter on. I have to play around w/it and see. Here's a link to the video on YouTube.

Update 6/10/20: Nope, you can't filter by SKUs either. Argh!

HappyChicken
Participant

How is this still not implemented? My assumption is that lot's of users would like to filter their open deals per product. @hubspot, what's the status?

MarkT
Participant

Yes to this. Obvious.

reTyre
Participant

Also puzzled this is non-existing up to today, I was sure I was doing something wrong! This should be a must-have functionality! 

Jonno_Price
Guide | Platinum Partner

Yikes - just ran into this limitation as well. Any idea when there will be some progress made?

We've a portal connected to Shopify. Need to be able to filter deals associated to specific products as they are essentially representative of a different sales channel / pipeline. 

Any feedback appreciated.

Jonno_Price
Guide | Platinum Partner

Hello - just following up here as I read this thread and thought that it is not possible to filter deals by products - but what you can do is filter by Shopify Tags.. So all you need to do is create a Tag specific to each product in the Product setup in Shopify. Then in deals filter and add a filter by tag. Tested and works.

Arun_Opto22
Contributor

Jonno,

Thank You!  I had tried this with SKUs a little while ago but they also were not filterable. I didn't know about Shopify Tags.  I'll check it out.