HubSpot Ideas

Growth_Guy

Filter/Customize Data Displayed in Deal Timeline (e.g. emails to associated contacts)

I don't know if anyone else finds this but I have a real issue with the deals pulling in info from other deals and contracts that are not related to the deal but are related to company that the deal is associated to.

For example, I have a parent account ( my customer that pays me) that they have multiple contracts which are different companies around the country, that are their clients. We have to provide services to these companies (child accounts) on behalf of our client (the parent account)

When a new deal is created for a new site there are different contacts that we deal with for different areas of the UK. What I am finding is, in deals we am getting info, emails, notes, calls etc from every other deal that we are working on under our client (parent account) this is very confusing. A deal for a new child account has the time line chock full of info from other deals and contact correspondence which is irrelevant to the new deal, albeit from the associate parent company.  

Either I am using it wrong or it is how it is designed to be. To me, when Hubspot is so focused on making the user experience so clean and decluttered it is crazy that the deals should show so much irrelevant info. I am hoping that it is user error (me) and not a design issue.

I trust the above is clear and would like to know what could be done about this. 

48件のコメント
duncanf
参加者

Without being able to stop associated acitivity from related companies/contacts/deals displaying in a single deal renders hubspot completley useless for my sales team.  

They are unable to quickly see what is the last action/activity on a single deals is and have to spend thier time reading through acitivity that is not related to the deal.  This is leading to them not keeping the CRM updated as it frustrates them = CRM not working for us.

Please fix!

An option on a per deal or per company or per contact basis to hide associated activity would fix this.  Also a system wide setting to turn this off and then eaisly be able to toggle it on or off (like in crm.me) would be great.

Thanks

mnolan1
参加者

I totally agree with this idea. Has anyone from Hubspot commented on adding this feature? And if so, have they provided any timeline for when it would be added?

Anonymous
適用対象外

We have a similar issue - we have consultants (realtors, lenders, etc.) who could be associated with multiple deals and it pulls every email in, not just those generated with the primary contact and/or within the deal.

MikeT
メンバー

The current functionality is unacceptable. Syncing should be only one way. If you are in a deal with an associated company and contact, the activities related to that specific deal should flow to the company and contact, not the other way. For companies that do multiple deals with the same company, which are totally unrelated, as in a manufacturer rep situation, this makes the product unusable. My client just converted from Pipedrive, which handles this properly, and is now seriously considering going back to Pipedrive because they have dozens of unrelated task history records in every deal. This is really, really bad.

hugentobler
メンバー

I have the same issue. Unless using a combo of parent and child companies, the deals screen timeline is useless and confusing. Otherwise, great product. Keep it up!

tachyon
メンバー

We have multiple pipelines set up currently, one for new system sales, one for service, one for training sales, etc... Our issue is that we want the deals to have relevant information only. Case in point, we have a customer that has about 4,000 employees and 30 locations. Their activity stream is significant. When we create a new deal for them it is immediately cluttered with irrelevant deals at other plants/locations. 

I would like to see an option to only include activitiy from the contacts that are attached to the deal.

SteveZed
参加者

There is an idea that is "In Planning" that is identical to this (link below). Head over there an upvote it. 

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Select-which-Deal-to-log-an-email-to-when-a-contact-i...

davstock
メンバー

My sales person wants to kill me because all the info related to a particular contact or company associated with a deal is shown.

Please only show DEAL related info on the DEAL and not everything

rlomidze
メンバー

Having huge problem with described feature. We have partner company which brings us leads (new companies), and sales managers of the partner company are associated with several deals. Also, in case of upselling, we create deal for the existing customer company, and existing contacts, and new deal timeline gets filled by old (already closed) deal records. This is very confusing and frustrating, please add some feature for us to be able to associate records with specific deals!

toddmaddock
メンバー

definitely need this, and need the ability to associate multiple companies to the deal.  

For example. Often I will have a deal being worked by Reseller A (say CDWg), distributed by Distributor A (say Synnex), selling to School A (say LAUSD). My CDW contact list is over 450 records, my Synnex Contact list is over 200 records and LAUSD's contact list is over 60.  Makes the Deal timeline unusable without pinning last action to the top and therefore unmanagable 

Dike_Drummond
メンバー

When I create a new deal I want to be able to designate specific contacts to be associated with the deal and see only their emails in the deal's account.

STOP Prepopulating deals with all the emails from a company account: Please allow me to turn it off.

Now the system pulls every email with every contact that shares the Deal's company email account into the file and can result in extreme clutter - every email to everyone in the company is in the string whether or not they are associated with the deal.

NatalieF
メンバー

I have the same issue, it's going to become completely unmanageable in the near future. We are using the Outlook plugin so it would be useful to be able to select the deal to log it to when sending the email. 

shehzadiqbal
参加者

The issue that I face and its a complete turn off is that for any external (person outside the company) email is tracked with out any issue, but it does not track for instance the emails that are tracked (using Hubspot add-on or bcc: id...@bcc.hubspot.com) for INTERNAL EMAILS (people in my company with email ending @my company .com). We have had to manually add email conversations (internal email chains) to the relevant deals.

The second issue which is being raised here a lot is the issue with having multiple deals with the same contact and company. Every single conversation with any person from the same company/contact is being added to every deal... 

Until the above issues are solved, Hubspot is almost useless and Google Insightly is a far better solution.

mdavidson
メンバー

This has got to be a prioity change! To just add an option to manually delete an email from the timeline without it being removed from all the related deals would help. 

GTMK
メンバー

Totally agree. As our Client base and associated Deals and Contacts continues to grow, it is harder and harder to manage the information that is showing under every Deal. A feature to filter and/or manage timeline activities would be a massive bonus to how we see/run things out of Hubspot.

toddheintz
メンバー

In my mind this renders the idea of flowing conversations, note and emails into a deal card as unusuable.  We love Hubspot, but this will probably factor into our short-medium term decision on how we built out our sales and marketing tools and proceses.

T

wmupchurch
参加者

Well, this just got worse for us.  So now we have partner companies bringing us deals that include some that include multiple deals in the same company.  So what do I do?  I'd like to keep it under partner>company>deal and have the emails at deal level.  That is not possible with the current product.  So now all emails are under the partner for all companies for all deals.  Killing me.....

Dike_Drummond
メンバー

WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS???
It literally destroys any ability to track multiple deals inside a single company. 
PLEASE TAKE ACTION

All you have to do is allow me to assign contacts to a deal rather than automaticlly dump all of that company's emails into my deal and clutter it up.

WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS???

MUY FRUSTRADO 😞

ctyger
メンバー

This would be extremely helpful if we could select the deal when sending from outlook.  Our users all user outlook and we have customers sometimes with 5 or 6 open deals that aren't related to each other.

PerAA
メンバー

When is this gonna get fixed? This is heavily reducing the effieceny of the software and it seems to have been an issue for quite a while!