HubSpot Ideas

lrn24

Filter Contacts Based on Notes

It would be super helpful to be able to filter contacts to determine if there is a note associated with their record. 

HubSpot Updates
September 14, 2018 01:41 PM

The ability to filter contacts by those who have most recent notes first would be very valuable to HubSpot users

16 Replies
PLSGoz

It would also be really useful to filter companies / contacts based on if there are or aren't attachments to their records

nmedina
HubSpot Product Team

The ability to filter contacts by those who have most recent notes first would be very valuable to HubSpot users

claw
HubSpot Employee

Hi, I find this being very helpful as well. If we can add a filter on the types of notes it will enable our customers to sort their notes out even better in the future.

kishan_kanani
Participant

I am also looking for similar.

My sales team are commenting on each leads and leaving a good notes like connected but not interested, looking for trial or similar to this, but right now there is no way i can filter out those contacts in which my team leave good comments, if i know then it is very good feature whereby can check all contacts in which i can find something interesting and can take appropriate action as well on those leads in which i can see scope.

tcbehr

Notes and tasks would be helpful.

RachaelSnaps

Yes, it would be helpful if we could filter by notes, specifically if we were able to filter by a certain word in the notes. Such as searching for "competitor" and being able to see all notes containing that word. 

SamanthaA
HubSpot Employee

Hey all! You actually can filter by notes with the lists tool. You need to filter by Activity property and filter by Activity type equals note. This will show you a list of all contacts who have a note associated with them.

kishan_kanani
Participant

@SamanthaA  i tried the same but in column fields its not showing also when i click on edit columns too and try to select notes there are no such fields available.

csbri
Contributor

@SamanthaA and @kishan_kanani same here; I don't have that as an option unless it's a task note. Which, for me, isn't helpful since we keep general notes about contacts and those are the ones that would be the most helpful to sort. 

LPM
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner
PeterGo

Great idea, much needed - for monitoring attachments

JimmyBatschelet
Participant

A filter with the condition IF "note" contains "X" would be awesome, at least to create the lists. 

decorlab
Participant

Hey all! You actually can filter by notes with the lists tool. You need to filter by Activity property and filter by Activity type equals note. This will show you a list of all contacts who have a note associated with them.

For real i can't find this option when i want to create a new list.

jameelsk3

How to Filter Top 5 contacts from Contact list using filter.

MarcoBerti

I definitely need to gather contacts through notes or any text in their activity stream.
Is this possible?

GNewson

Would be useful to be able to run a report that shows notes made on an account - great for Customer Success QBR meetings