HubSpot Ideas

Rich_Bibblio

'Files and Folders' items can be viewed as larger thumbnails

The thumbnails in the 'Files and Folders' listing are very small and sometimes you want to find an image by eye, rather than name.

Please add a toggle to alternatively view the 'Files and Folders' listing as a large thumbnail view, similar to HubSpot's 'recent images' display or Google Images.

4 Replies
sharksfan

Agreed. Considering we all use "files" to manage emails, landing pages, etc. it seems like a huge oversight that the file manager is so clunky. Sort of Windows 3.1 ... also, thumbnails for PDFs aren't even available. I would really really encourage you to beef up the file manager to a more "visual" 2020 level. 🙂   

Thank you!!

chaddiller
Contributor | Gold Partner

I can't believe this doesn't already have 500 upvotes...It drives me batty when I'm trying to search for images and have to click on them to open a preview on the right. We should have different views we can sort through to see larger thumbnails and move through them more quickly.

IDmitry
Participant

100% agree there should be an option see a tile of images at once, at a size which does not require a magnifying glass. I'm sure many of us have used stock image sites, in fact we have access to one right in HubSpot -- Shutterstock where you can browse images at a glance and do not have to open each one at a time to see the detials. Sometimes the smallest details of an image is what matters most. If this file were just for documents a label/file name may be enough but it doesn't work best for visuals.  I often have the same image saved at different crops and can never tell which one I need utill I open it or sometimes all of them.  The worst is when I want to do housekeeping and delete images no longer needed but need to open each one to make sure I'm not deleting somethng I want to keep. Think tile, not thumbnail!

OBruce

I'm finding it really frustrating that image files are tiny little icons  when viewing in the Files folder. We are working on creating a new website and it makes it so hard searching through and looking for images as the view is so incredibly tiny! I honestly don't know where there aren't loads more votes for this as well.