HubSpot Ideas

KeyWestScott

File Upload restrict by type

When having customers upload a file, it would be beneficial to have the file types restricted.  For example, on a form for employment, we would like to restrict to only PDF files.  Reason being is that Office files, Word or Excel allow macros that can contain that execute on the workstation.  By only having PDF files, that would make our users safer, in that it lessens the possiblilty for virus' to be introduced into our systems.

There are many other scenarios where restricting the file upload type would be beneficial.

29 Comentários
cpburke
Colaborador(a)

This feature would be great!

Jbrewster
Participante

I was also hoping to restrict certain file types from being uploaded via forms. Hope to see this as a new feature soon. 

WSmith
Membro

I'd like to be able to restrict the file types a visitor can upload through the file upload field in HubSpot forms. The link sent by HubSpot auto-downloads the file to your computer.

I was able to upload a .exe file, which seems to be a significant security risk. I would think this could pose a risk to the HubSpot servers as well.

I'm actually quite surprised by this. Is there any chance HubSpot's developers will escalate this in the very near future?

KeyWestScott
Conselheiro(a) de destaque

For anyone seeing this.  This "issue" has been closed, but not resolved.  HS decided to take a completely different approach, to a very simple problem.  ie, the "solution" is now worse than the problem they wanted to fix.

Scott

YiRui_Chua
HubSpot Employee

Hi team,

Sometimes customers only want file types that are related to images, having this would be important to them.

Hope to see an update!

marth
Colaborador(a)

I am currently new to Hubspot and been wondering how to do file restriction. I am surprised that this is not a feature yet. I think this is an important feature to have so that you can make sure the users are uploading the correct files you want.

SOxley
Participante

We've had a few fraud and hack attempts on our file upload form. 

We'd like to restrict it to a .STL file as this is the one we need to quote and it will prevent virus uploads. 

Julia_Plytix
Participante

Hey,

In my case I want users to upload some pieces of information and I would like that Hubspot provides some kind of security system which can scann the uploaded documents, and avoid any kind of malware, virus, etc. 

Thanks Hubspot 😉 

MikeRahmati
Membro

+1 on this idea 

YTvirtuosity
Membro

+1 we need this feature

Josh_C
Participante

I'm shocked HS would allow ANY file type to be uploaded to their system. This is extremly dangerous not only for them but to we the end-users who can open any file submitted which can do damage to our own systems. Upvote.

JSeewald
Membro

This feature would be very necessary. Because if the file upload ist not restricted  by file type, also an exe data can be uploaded. This could be dangerous.

NEspanhol
Membro

It would be great if we had that option. Cybersecurity is really important now! 

cserrano8
Membro

nice idea! we also have the same issue, would be extremely helpful. please Hubspot keep us posted about it!

KSmith44
Participante

Please add this feature - it would be extremely beneficial for our business. 

dericklee
HubSpot Employee

Bumping this for vis! Definitely a good feature to consider in the age of technology advancement where malware can be submitted through forms.

DOctober
Participante

I'm genuinely baffled why this isn't implemented yet. It's been almost 6 years. This should be a standard feature by now.

MClouatre
Membro

Definately a must!!  @DOctober same

CDow
Participante | Parceiro Elite

From a code perspective this is not even that big of a change as far as the input itself is concerened. Upvoting again as this is an obvious addition.

SH6
Membro

+1 for this feature.