HubSpot Ideas

VagaeNatus

File Property Type for all objects

There is currently a file property type in Hubspot, but it is only available on the contact. 

We need this property type on all objects. For example on deals, we need to save specs before quote, contract, invoice, etc.

Atualizações da HubSpot
Status atualizado para: Delivered
March 25, 2024 07:26 AM

👋Hi all! I'm Rachel from the HubSpot Product team. It's been possible to create custom file properties for all objects for a while, so I'm going to close this out as Delivered. 

However, I wanted to provide a related update - 

We've delivered improvements to custom file properties in the CRM that are in beta as of today. These improvements will allow you to upload files to custom file properties, enabling use cases such as requiring files to be attached when a deal is created (for example). 

You can opt into the beta under Product Updates - "Improved file property experience in the CRM." Here's a quick demo of the functionality. 

Thanks for your feedback thus far! If you have feedback on this beta, please post them here.

14 Comentários
griffin_engel
Participante

This would be extremely useful! Having the ability to save a service agreement to the applicable company would solve a lot of problems for us.

rmitchell1
Colaborador(a)

@VagaeNatus  I noticed the other day that you can now upload files to tickets.  However, we still can't upload files to companies, deals, or products.  I'd love to know why this functionality isn't available for all object types. I'd use this functionality a lot more if we could associate it to a dela or company instead of a contact.

evfishr11
Membro

Big upvote for being able to add Document Property type for all objects (Company and Deal). Is this being worked on / any ETA?

BigDaddyBear
Participante

Agreed! This would also be very beneficial for us.

BMehraban
Membro

I agree. I realllllllllly need document-type property and attachment doesn't do that for me especially as it's not sortable into folders or searchable

maura1230
Membro

PLEASE

RWeir
Membro

PLEASE!! I don't understand why it is not available for company. For our specific example we want to be able to upload signed terms of service etc to accounts!

RMassey
Participante

Yes please. 

Adding a file property to deals is needed. For our example we require a purchase order to be added to the deal before moving on to the next stage. 

ilir-test
Colaborador(a)

I just asked about a similar issue, I cannot create a custom property in Deals with the field type: File. 

Would be really happy if HubSpot team added this!

ClemOaky
Participante
AShaikh8
Membro

i have created a property with fieldtype file and when i fill up the form the data is been stored at my contacts but there is only file name I cannot download / open / view file. Please help me out in this.

Jord
Membro

Can't believe this isn't already available in Hubspot. When a deal progresses to contract signed, we'd love to require sales reps to include both the signed contract and latest sales proposal as files on the deal record, but can't require these attachments be added unless they are required fields (which do not exist for files on deal records currently).

Launchfire
Participante

I've added a field type to Deals, but it shows up as a text field.  Is it not meant to be a file upload?

Status atualizado para: Delivered
rwebb1
Equipe de Produto da HubSpot

👋Hi all! I'm Rachel from the HubSpot Product team. It's been possible to create custom file properties for all objects for a while, so I'm going to close this out as Delivered. 

However, I wanted to provide a related update - 

We've delivered improvements to custom file properties in the CRM that are in beta as of today. These improvements will allow you to upload files to custom file properties, enabling use cases such as requiring files to be attached when a deal is created (for example). 

You can opt into the beta under Product Updates - "Improved file property experience in the CRM." Here's a quick demo of the functionality. 

Thanks for your feedback thus far! If you have feedback on this beta, please post them here.