HubSpot Ideas

Ben_M

File Import Overwrite Priority

Similar to what is done when connecting Hubspot to an external CRM, I think it would be an excellent feature to have to choose a priority on a file import of contacts into Hubspot when you get to the mapping stage of the import process. For instance, if I upload a list of contacts, some of which may exist, I would want to choose from a set of options like: Do Not Overwrite, Overwrite If Blank, Overwrite Existing Values.  This allow us to use file uploads without having to worry that good data could potentially be overwritten.

9 Replies
ralf_f
Contributor

Additional to the great import idea of Ben_M:
An option to 'Append' imported values for Multiline properties

The options should be changeable for every property/column in the import

JGB
Participant

A year on and shame to still not have a solution for this. I wonder how everyone is managing this when dealing with contact/lead lists from events, external media partners, etc. Exporting full DB every time to do a check as suggested in some posts is not a scalable nor GDPR-friendly solution. 

kikidee125

This would be so helpful!

AllenHelms
Contributor | Diamond Partner

The native HubSpot import wizard has come forward leaps and bounds over the past couple of years, but important features like this are still needed to consider it an equal competitor with the other Enterprise level CRMs available today - especially when attempting data migrations and projects of that sort. Definitely gets my vote and hope it will be addressed soon.

Allen R. Helms

CRM/Marketing Consultant

HubSpot + Salesforce

https://www.organicendeavors.com/

JMort
Contributor

Absolutely.

For all the reasons stated above.

JMort

kelseyingram392
Contributor | Platinum Partner

This is critical! Not all information flows in through forms so we really need the ability to only overwrite if blank, not if data exists in a field already 

Ellesyanna
Contributor | Diamond Partner

Definitely needed!

sWorks

Need this. 

jeffvincent
HubSpot Product Team

Hi all! I'm Jeff, from the HubSpot CRM product team. We just released a new beta for import we're calling "Skip if known" (exact name of feature TBD by smarter people). This new option makes it possible to prevent overwrites from your imports if the property value on a specific record is already set.

For example, if the name property on a Contact record is set as "Jeff Vincent", and the name column in the import with the corresponding email is "Jerf Bincent", checking this box means the HubSpot value won't be overwritten.

For customers updating the data in their CRM through imports AND the UI, we hope this update helps you maintain more control over your data!

To get access while in beta, ask your HubSpot contact to add the "Skip if known" beta to your portal. We'll be going live to all soon.