HubSpot Ideas

Monjogard

Field dependencies in Playbooks

Would be very useful with some smartness to questions in Playbooks (similar to dependent fields in HubSpot forms), e.g. ff answer is  X on question 1, show question 1B, otherwise move on to question 2.

A Playbook can become quite tedious for a sales rep to scroll through when not all questions are relevant to the conversation.

Also great if a Playbook could update properties on multiple objects within the same Playbook. Now a feature!

37 Replies
kelseygalarza
Contributor | Diamond Partner

Desperately need branching! The whole idea of playbooks is to do discovery and then do something different depending on what the prospect says/does.

MObry
Contributor

That would be so helpfull !!!!! We need it it would be so time saver !

MCollier

I agree! This would be awesome! I would use this feature right away, I can already think of a lot of situations I could use this in.

DanCliff

This would be a very valuable feature, the whole purpose of a playbook it to capture the relevant information - it doesn't make sense to include every single field option every single time if we could simply select what the theme is and display relevant questions (basically the same functionality that's already supported for dependent object fields).

jmbray
Participant

Definite +1 for adding conditional logic for Playbooks (like if/then branching).  We have customers who request different services, and those services require different input information that our reps need to gather from the customer.

adzleach
Member | Platinum Partner

This is important for our clients, especially when using playbooks for calling.

AThalheim

Yes please! This would be so valuable in removing some of the visual clutter, for non-relevant questions!

TErickson_OW
Participant

This is 100% needed. 

_BF_
Participant

100% agree a If this then that approach would be fantastic here!

GeeklyMedia
Member | Diamond Partner

So needed!!!

drumicd33

Agreed! We need this!

LWessels

This would be extremely useful... currently have to use "if Y go to section X" instructions.

MFerret

up
Could be really helpful for lost reasons or deep dependencies within fields for qualification.

DFenton
Participant

I don't understand why this is not already a thing when it is in other features. Especially with calls, the conversation can go in so many directions. We should be able to choose conditions and prompts if answered a specific way. The fact that this isn't an option is making our process 1000000x more time consuming and complicated!!

BLewty
Participant | Diamond Partner

This would be really helpful. We also have clients who require different products, which have multiple stages of additional dependants. Below is a basic example of what I mean: 

Product brandOption oneSub-option
Brand ABrand A, option oneBrand A, option one, sub option one
  Brand A, option one, sub option two
 Brand A, option twoBrand A, option two, sub option one
  Brand A, option two, sub option two
  Brand A, option two, sub option three
Brand BBrand B, option oneBrand B, option one, sub option one
 Brand B, option twoBrand B, option two, sub option one
  Brand B, option two, sub option two
  Brand B, option two, sub option three

This is a very basic level. The options and sub-options can total hundreds and if someone is filling out a playbook and has to search through hundreds of options in one go, there is huge room for error. 

AKnechtl0

Playbooks are quickly becoming an integral part of our sales discovery and customer health scoring process.

I love being able to tie questions back to our CRM however some are obviously conditional based on how the customer responds.

To drive adoption and complete form fills, conditional branching would drive adoption through the roof at my company

EMcCuin
Participant

This is a basic feature that should be included. 

RHumphrey

It would be incredibly helpful for our team to have this functionality.

RebeccaShultz
Contributor

This would be very helpful. I use playbooks as walk-throughs, so allowing sales people to bypass questions based on pervious answers would really streamline this.  Also if we could link playbooks to one another, ie if a sales meeting goes well, I would like to be able to send someone directly from the contact playbook to the corresponding deal playbook. 

MYapp

+1, this would be great.