HubSpot Ideas

SteveJenns

Field Dependencies for Contact Properties

I would like to set up field dependencies for Contact Properties, to ensure that my Sales/Marketing team are updating contact details correctly.

For example, I would only want certain fields to be editable against a contact record if another field against the contact had a certain value.

Thanks!

Steve

312件のコメント
Christian_Jorge
参加者

Really need this!

Use case: SDR picks a lead status "Nurture", then I need them to pick a Nurture reason "Not ready to buy in 6 months", or "Missing product feature X".

Otherwise, I have no idea what nurture program the leads should go into, and "nurture" becomes a dumping ground of bad leads that the SDR's don't want to deal with. 

LPinillo
メンバー

Yes ! This definitely a game changer if is done ! 

JU
メンバー

We really need this idea in HubSpot. HubSpot Dev Team, please reconsider this and update the thread. Thank you!

SBandara
メンバー

Hi, 

I am wanting to do something similar like this, If anyone could help to develop this that would be great.

Thank you

SBandara

CCobbett
メンバー

Not having this is a huge miss that causes significant operational inefficiency and a lack of data cleanliness.  Every CRM I've used has had the ability to make related fields dependent.  Please prioritize this!

ステータスに更新: Being Reviewed
shajones
HubSpot製品開発チーム

Hi folks,

I’m Shay Jones, the Product Manager on the CRM product team.

Thank you all for taking the time to submit, upvote, and comment on this Idea. We hear you loud and clear, and we agree that this functionality is important. We are currently evaluating if this Idea is feasible and, if so, how our team will implement it. 

Any news about this feature request will be relayed on this thread, so stay tuned!

-Shay

x24b
参加者 | Diamond Partner

I have used two products Salesforce and Filemaker Pro where this type of functionality is available.  For use in Hubspot, we are moving a client from SF to HS and they have several fields that depend on other fields to determine the options.  To work around this in HS we are flattening them into a single list and using triggers to update the individual fields.  This solution does not change the field values just makes it easier to display them as two fields.  This would be a great feature!!  Thank you.

lgancarz
メンバー

I'd just like to chime in here with our use case for this, as we are a SaaS company selling subscriptions to our service. We have "Close Date" and "Expected Bill Date"  fields in HubSpot for our Deals. In some cases, the Expected Bill Date can be different from the Close Date, especially if the deal closes ahead of the subscription start date, and therefore the customer will not be billed/invoiced until closer to the start date of their subscription. To help with errors in our forecasting, we would like to be able to make the Expected Bill Date field be dependent upon the "Close Date". If at ant time a rep updates the Close Date field, they should be asked (by HubSpot) to update the "Expected Bill Date" field, and we should be able to specify (internally within HubSpot) that the date must be equal to or after the Close Date. We currently make these fields (Close Date and Expected Bill Date) required when creating a deal, but if the Close Date is ever updated along the way, it's easy for reps to forget to update Expected Bill Date. 

ismail_sultan
メンバー

Much needed. Basically it is very important and should be added very earlier. 

SvonAppen
メンバー

Upvote! We would like to have the option to make field mandatory, if another specific field was filled in. Creating tasks via workflow is not an option, takes too much time. 

Use case:
The agent sets a lead-status to "not qualified". Of course, we want to know the reason why. So he/she has to fill in this field as well.

NicoleJ
HubSpot進行役

+ 1

digitus
メンバー | Diamond Partner

This is an absolute requirement across a few of our clients. 
Standard function in many other CRMs

JBlack99
メンバー

This is an absolute requirement when building out solutions. Without it we have to do an incredible amount of API work on the other side where we have integrations. This is expensive and time consuming, both developmentally and from an operations perspective.

Thanks

Hugo_pkp
メンバー | Diamond Partner

Should be a great feature ! Maybe their is some update to give us ?

RyanAbilar
参加者

Just tuning in to this idea and its progress.

We are currently doing a revamp of our data and structure. 
For starters, I am looking into updating our Region property and making it the master property. Obviously if this idea gets implemented, I'll have APAC, EMEA, US, LATAM etc on the dependent property. I will further drill it down to countries per region and so on and so forth (as applicable). 

Hope this is a good use case for Hubspot team to speed things up. 

rushabh290
メンバー

+1.

It would be really great to have this feature for both deal and contact properties as it will solve a lot of issue wrt data hygiene.

JBriggs
メンバー

This would be incredibly useful for me. Especially if you could get these relevant properties to pop up on your screen much like what occurs when you move a deal to closed won in a pipeline, a box pops up prompting you to enter the won reason.

AForbus
メンバー

Also need same functionality for Deal Properties, thanks.

JSchott
メンバー

Would this give the ability to make madatory adding of a customer to a ticket? Right now, a ticket can be created without adding a customer which is very troublesome. 

MCanty6
参加者

Not having this is causing me some serious data headaches. PLEASE