HubSpot Ideas

SteveJenns

Field Dependencies for Contact Properties

I would like to set up field dependencies for Contact Properties, to ensure that my Sales/Marketing team are updating contact details correctly.

For example, I would only want certain fields to be editable against a contact record if another field against the contact had a certain value.

Thanks!

Steve

312 Replies
Hubben

Would love this to happen. Especially for company filtration. We want to use Industry specific codes (NACE) for prospecting. 

finchi123
Participant

HubSpot can you provide an update as to what development stage this is at? 

"Being reviewed" is fairly vague. 

Thanks 🙂  

DWhitlock

PLEASE!! This is such a basic CRM/database function. 

APlestina

Yes, we REALLY NEED THIS. Is there a workaround?

alexluong1
Participant

Bumping again as this is gaining more traction.

Still need this!!!!

ksalmon
Participant

Also bumping this up- it feels like such an oversight that this funtionality is missing. The last CRM we had included this, it's super important to maintaining data integrity. Please keep pushing on this. 

I just noticed users have been asking for this since 2017!!!! Seriously?! That's so long to wait for this functionality, can you please give us an update on the timeline? 

LShatek

Yes, please!

GeCastelain
Member | Partner

How is this still just "being reviewed" after 3 years ? Please tell us it's going to beta soon !

LBurik

I agree with this concept. A simple use case is when I create a multi check dropdown that includes "other". I would like hte Other to be a free form field.

Ben7
Contributor

Dependency fields - any update please HubSPOT?

NikitaKorbut

Agree, this feature is essential for automating the sales process and keeping the data clean if you use Hubspot as a CRM. Having worked with other CRMs makes it even more frustrating to not have field dependencies in Hubspot

Ale4

Seems pretty easy for Hubspot to set up a 'subcategory', or additional info that is dependent on say a certain category, in the Tickets area of the Hubspot Service section, as Hubspot allows for many dependent options in their workflows.

HubSpotMaster
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner

@Dylan Are any updates you can provide on the status of this request being reviewed? It's been over a year since any feedback and many more users have requested or added comments. 

jeffvincent
HubSpot Product Team

Hey HubSpot community, I'm Jeff from the CRM product team.

I realize implementing this wish has taken much longer than anticipated - much longer than we expected as well. We believe what we're focused on right now is higher priority. Rest assured this has not left our list, and Dylan and I continue to read every comment left on here. No timeline update on this functionality at this time, hope to be back someday soon with more details.

jeff

CKern

Hi Jeff,

thanks for the feedback, but I would have actually expected Hubspot is able to include this (really) standard feature after more than four years!?!! 

The first request for this basic was made on 06/03/2017! 🤔

WOW - This is really sad, Hubspot!!! 🙄😵

jeffvincent
HubSpot Product Team

Hi all, Jeff from the CRM product team. This is a great idea. We will consider it for the future, but we're not working on it actively today.

Please keep the use cases input coming, we're reading every comment on this thread.

jeff

MissTipsi
Top Contributor

Wow, that is very disappointing. Keeping data quality high is nigh on impossible without this. Realize it's not going to happend but I would be really curious to know what is being prioritized above this...while some of the updates that have come out recently are great, many would not have been anywhere near top of my wishlist. Maybe a case of differente stroke for different folks, but this one in particular not even being planned at the moment is a head scratcher for me at least.

gregharned

This makes for messy data because it can't be automated. Simple use case - Lead Status is Disqualified. Ensure the the Disqualified Reason field is populated if Lead Status is Disqualified. This will help marketing to know why records they are bringing in are getting disqualified and enforce Sales to populate the field. 

dsecareanu
Top Contributor | Partner

This is the biggest isssue I currently have with a client as the sales team is not putting in the basic effort to add contacts to companies into deals (as they work mainly with deals and everyone is trying to protect senior sales people from doing things they do not want to). Thus we would like to be able to enforce contact and company mapping to deals as otherwise the entire marketing & sales funnel is broken because we cannot map contact marketing activity with actual deal information (revenue).

ktclayton

This feature is by and large our biggest complaint with Hubspot as this is basic CRM functionality. Field dependencies are available in forms, but not in the app....makes zero sense. 

You'll "consider" the development request? This is VERY frustrating and sad that critical functionality is continously passed up for "higher priorities".