HubSpot Ideas

SteveJenns

Field Dependencies for Contact Properties

I would like to set up field dependencies for Contact Properties, to ensure that my Sales/Marketing team are updating contact details correctly.

For example, I would only want certain fields to be editable against a contact record if another field against the contact had a certain value.

Thanks!

Steve

312 Replies
finchi123
Participant

Any update on this? 

talbright

yes, let's get this into the dev queue

wladjdeb
Participant

yes pleaaaaassseeeeee!!! Can we have an update on this please ? 

KP3469

Yes! We need this too!

DanBrookes

This would be a great idea - we would love for this to be implemented.

JimHarris
Contributor

Please we need this!

santicura

+1

bryce-corey
Participant

+1 on this idea!

QwickStart
Participant | Partner

I have been scouring the message boards looking for a solution exactly like this.

TDart

FOLLOWING. THIS IS A MUST 

pedrohernandes

Upvote.

badinoff

+1. This is a common sense functionality...

LBrigg
Participant

+10000

geekbleek
Participant

This is absolutely a mandatory requirement for scalable use of Hubspot's deal pipeline beyond a small sales team selling one specific product in one specific vertical.  Data required on a deal is highly variable and dependent on other deal properties, and you can't create hundreds of custom properties and hope that teams will fill in only the applicable ones in a very cluttered UI...

mvdbree
Participant

+1 would love to see this.

andrewrong
Participant

I love this idea. I would love to see this expand beyond contacts to companies and deals as well. Hopefully, we would be able to get this soon.

MOConnor

1️⃣ Agreed - dependent properties should be available for all core entities across HubSpot (Contacts, Companies, Deals, etc.). Please add this to your roadmap for this year, if possible! If already added, please prioritize! 😁

CKern

Any update on this topic? 

devclive

any news on this development?

Stanz
Participant

This is absolutely a great feature! We have many different types of customers, deals and contacts. You can image that we want to show different information about our partner re-sellers than our customers. This would be so easy to do if there were dependent fields!

If 'Company type' = X, show these properties. If 'Company type' = Y, then show these.

It would solve so many of our issues and would give our different users & teams great quality of life and data improvements!

I would be happy to jump on a call to explain more about how useful this actually is for us!