HubSpot Ideas

SteveJenns

Field Dependencies for Contact Properties

I would like to set up field dependencies for Contact Properties, to ensure that my Sales/Marketing team are updating contact details correctly.

For example, I would only want certain fields to be editable against a contact record if another field against the contact had a certain value.

Thanks!

Steve

312 Replies
AivarasBakanas

agree this is needed. 

andimorton
Participant

Is this likely to happen? It can be done on web forms, why not contact records...?

COReilly
Contributor

Tell everyone! This needs more upvotes. 

JamesWa
Contributor

Where are we with field dependencies? Such a fundamental piece of data management. Need it!

valigara

Definitely needed!

F.i. if I select in Contact field "Type" the value "service provider", I want to see in the dependent field "Subtype" the values "legal, accounting, copywriting"
And if I select in Contact field "Type" the value "partner", I want to see in the dependent field "Subtype" the values "industry leader, reseller, governmental"

SiykaM
Participant

We need this as well! It's natural to just want to show the most revelant data and strive for simplicity. Very simple example, I want to show state field and require it only for US and Canada and not show this field at all for other countries. Currently I cannot do that...

Melina_Gallot

Bonjour,

Tout à fait d'accord, j'ai aussi besoin pour mon organisation d'avoir des champs qui ne s'active que si on sélectionne une option. Cela est très important.

BIen cordialement,

Mélina Gallot

Agustin_portal

Honestly if I want to put in a region in my city and then the neighbourhood as being a sub-element would be a grand help.Dependencies are greatly needed

Dylan
HubSpot Product Team

Hey HubSpot Community! Dylan from the HubSpot Product Team here.

I found this post via @ChrisHiggins ' awesome post on an INBOUND wishlist

Transparently, this isn't something you'll be seeing this year at INBOUND. However, I really appreciate all of the input and suggestions on this post thus far. "Dependent properties" as we call them, are firmly on our radar. However, we've identified a few higher-priority improvements to be made to properties before we get around to building dependent properties. 

In the coming weeks, you'll start to see a beta version of properties that will ideally set the stage for us to include "Dependent Properties" in the future. Stay tuned, this is certainly on our minds as well.

- Dylan 

arjanhoogland

I agree, I think it is a must-have. Also for Companie Properties. 

yatishm
Top Contributor

This would indeed be a useful logic to add into the properties. Please advise if there are any updates to this?

Thank you

Samanthamyers
Participant

yep, really need this!!

shilpawymer
Participant

This would be extremely useful.  I'm working with a client who will close different service types and dependant on the type this will inform the product types they deliver - it would be great to be able to put this against the deal.

ReduceMyIns
Participant

We need this very bad on the deal properties.  If status = x, show the following fields 

JaakkoJ
Participant

We're really looking for this! It would help a lot.

Now you have no possibility to force e.g. sales team to fill out more information when needed. 

CodyHerbison

This is a must have!  Making fields required after creation is super important.

HubSpotMaster
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner

Is there any updates on this idea? This would round out the CRM capabilities immensely. 

HubSpotMaster
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner

Are there any updates that can be provided? Having field dependencies would greatly increase the functionality of the CRM

gillesrepond

when is this going to be available ? this is a must for a CRM ? won't extend working with hubspot if not done, was assuming this was logically there - basic !

AmyDwyer
Member | Elite Partner

Would be great in so many cases