HubSpot Ideas

SteveJenns

Field Dependencies for Contact Properties

I would like to set up field dependencies for Contact Properties, to ensure that my Sales/Marketing team are updating contact details correctly.

For example, I would only want certain fields to be editable against a contact record if another field against the contact had a certain value.

Thanks!

Steve

312 Replies
kathycmiller

Yes dependent properties would be very helpful and are standard in other CRM's

estebanvelasco
Member | Elite Partner

Would be great to do this with the Lead Status property. For example, if a user's Lead Status is equal to Unqualified the sales representative should be forced to fill out a property explaining the reason why the user wasn't good. 

auto_mate
Contributor

...yes, exactly... this is what we do on Salesforce... Lead Status = Nurture means mandatory nurture reason, Disq means mandatory reason... and plenty more. This is the showstopper for me supporting using Hubspot CRM in our organization even though I am the "Hubspot guy". I know that withuot conditional fields data quality will collapse.

CasperOng
HubSpot Employee

We should also have this feature in other types of records i.e. to have dependent Company and Deal properties.

JimHarris
Contributor

I agree.

This is very much needed for all the reasons already listed. 

My immediate use is on tickets. If a ticket was marked as Complaint Resolution of Sales Concession, I want to then prompt how much was the sales concession. 

ricardocici

Upvote for this!

We're having bigger problems specially with HubSpot Customer Success, because we can't categorize our Tickets and we can't get good reports.

Any other software (zendesk, freshdesk, desk) offers this.

grr

Another upvote!

HS, please get this on.

kelseygalarza
Contributor | Diamond Partner

honestly can't believe this doesn't exist. Completely thought I just didn't know how to do it. Desperate for this!

TH21

Surprised that it's been 18 months since initial query and this still doesn't exist. HubSpot please get on this, as creates multiple issues with erroneous data inputs and reporting output!

COReilly
Contributor

Can we at least get an update on this? 

agartner

Please, HubSpot! We need this! 

Apsia

It is really a need.

Apsia

An example for the devs :

I would like to add a "properties" field "Technical Account Manager" on a Company contact that shows ONLY if another field "Project Status" value is at "RUN". This could be a lot easier to customize each contacts.

michmyint

We need this desperately especially for a CRM for a business. Salesforce has it, can't understand why Hubspot doesn't. 

wiktorwarych

This kind of logis would be very helpful for us for Company, Contacts and Deal properties!

alexluong1
Participant

Agreed. Needs to be done as soon as possible...  it is frustrating as the only "workaround" is to send easily ignored notifs to sales reps who are dealing with 100's if not 1000's of notifs daily

COReilly
Contributor

Still no update on this?

SimoneGatti
Participant

Please do it 

Bettinarf
Contributor

I'd like to have two properties that are interdependant. Let's say that I selet from the dropdownlist of a property one item; then another property is going to depend on the selection of the first one. eg.: I select a partner A and the next property only shows up the products that partner A has. So both properties are related and the second one only shows information depending on th selection done within the first property.

AGG
Participant

Great to see HubSpot is working on development requests, 4 years on a must have CRM option, just WOW.