Field Dependencies for Contact Properties

I would like to set up field dependencies for Contact Properties, to ensure that my Sales/Marketing team are updating contact details correctly.

For example, I would only want certain fields to be editable against a contact record if another field against the contact had a certain value.

Thanks!

Steve

HubSpot updates
44 Replies
auto_mate
Regular Contributor

Yup also needed here. 

Unfortunately, TRUST NO ONE, especially not colleagues with field values that should be conditional or dependent!

(You can do it in SF but not HS - boo)

Yesid_Mendez
Occasional Contributor

Sure, this is something that we need ASAP. I´ve been waiting for this more than a year.

Lu
New Contributor

Status?

filozopp
New Contributor

Would be nice to have this functionality to make internal process more clear.

fred1
New Contributor

HubSpot - please add this feature!!

It's such a basic feature in other CRM's, that should be easily implementable across Contacts, Companies and Deals.

Dan-Learnfast
New Contributor

Yes! This feature would be greatly appreciated! The feature of a multi-level dropdown or multi-level checkbox is something that would be implemented in a lot of marketing AND sales scenarios and situations.

kathycmiller
New Contributor

Yes dependent properties would be very helpful and are standard in other CRM's

estebanvelasco
New Contributor

Would be great to do this with the Lead Status property. For example, if a user's Lead Status is equal to Unqualified the sales representative should be forced to fill out a property explaining the reason why the user wasn't good. 

auto_mate
Regular Contributor

...yes, exactly... this is what we do on Salesforce... Lead Status = Nurture means mandatory nurture reason, Disq means mandatory reason... and plenty more. This is the showstopper for me supporting using Hubspot CRM in our organization even though I am the "Hubspot guy". I know that withuot conditional fields data quality will collapse.

HubSpot Moderator
HubSpot Moderator

We should also have this feature in other types of records i.e. to have dependent Company and Deal properties.