HubSpot Ideas

SteveJenns

Field Dependencies for Contact Properties

I would like to set up field dependencies for Contact Properties, to ensure that my Sales/Marketing team are updating contact details correctly.

For example, I would only want certain fields to be editable against a contact record if another field against the contact had a certain value.

Thanks!

Steve

312件のコメント
khomstead
メンバー

YES! Anybody who works in a non-veritcal industry needs different sets of criteria to qualify prospects of different types.  We end up with tons of non-applicable fields for both contacts and companies, which could easily key off of a "type" selection.

caroline_at_hv
メンバー

Any update if this is in the works at all. This would be super helpful. We have been requesting this since October 2015.

WalshCheryl71
投稿者

I agree.  This is functionality that is available in almost every CRM I have worked in over the past 20 years. This is much needed from the user perspective in order to maintain good user experience and adoption/usage.

VagaeNatus
キーアドバイザー

We need the same here but not only for contact properties, we need the same for deal and company properties. Could you please update the title?

This is standard feature. How can it not be in Hubspot?

botanic
メンバー

Please HUBSPOT!! Please add this! It is a basic marketing automation function and it is desperately needed!

zbelcher
投稿者

Agreed.  As well as the ability to create custom look-up fields.   For example, on a deal, I want to be able to have a look-up field for the "Vendor sales rep" that is also a contact in HS.   

COReilly
投稿者

Agreed, this would help. 

Matson
メンバー

This would greatly simplify some picklists in my flow. To me, simplifying things and sending my team down the right funnel is crucial.

emjbutler
参加者 | Platinum Partner

This is an absolute must-have in the CRM. We have clients that want to move to Sales Pro and fully use the CRM, but this is a hang up. We need to be able to add dependent fields and set whether they are required for contacts, companies and deals. One use is case is working with channel partners. We have direct sales deals and then deals where a channel partner is involved. When a channel partner is involved, we need a dependent field that prompts the sales user to select the appropriate channel partner on the deal. 

botanic
メンバー

Folks at HubSpot -- will this be implemented anytime soon??  Thanks!

auto_mate
投稿者

Yup also needed here. 

Unfortunately, TRUST NO ONE, especially not colleagues with field values that should be conditional or dependent!

(You can do it in SF but not HS - boo)

Yesid_Mendez
メンバー | Platinum Partner

Sure, this is something that we need ASAP. I´ve been waiting for this more than a year.

Lu
メンバー

Status?

filozopp
メンバー

Would be nice to have this functionality to make internal process more clear.

fred1
メンバー

HubSpot - please add this feature!!

It's such a basic feature in other CRM's, that should be easily implementable across Contacts, Companies and Deals.

Dan-Learnfast
メンバー

Yes! This feature would be greatly appreciated! The feature of a multi-level dropdown or multi-level checkbox is something that would be implemented in a lot of marketing AND sales scenarios and situations.

VagaeNatus
キーアドバイザー

For already existing records, we need to be able to have conditional logic for properties to display/not display them and to make them mandatory/not mandatory.

Use case 1 - "State": display a property based on conditions

If US is choosen in "Country", then display a "State" field.

Use case 1 - "Unqualified reason": display and make mandatory a property based on conditions

If 'Lead Status' is "Unqualified", then display + make mandatory "UnqualifiedrReason".

Note: the solution of having values "Unqualified / {reason 1}", "Unqualified / {reason 2}" as values within the leas status property is not acceptable since it would make us lose the possibility to count "Unqualified" in reporting (as values can't be grouped).

bfelker
参加者

Use case 4:

If Deal Stage enters "Contracting", then make Contract Start Date mandatory.

VagaeNatus
キーアドバイザー

@bfelker: for achieving what you want, go to setting then to your pipe (Small gear top right > Sales > Deals). Then "Edit properties" for contracting stage. Then pick "Contract Start Date" and make it mandatory.

Once it works, kindly remove above comment as it's not valid here.

jschmid
参加者

Hi, 

I would find this very helpful as well. But I'd love to have the same logic for deal properties.

Use Case 4: If a contact is marked as existing business, then display dependent fields to quickly describe the relationship and previous purchase / preferences.

I have a client who is working on an integration to Microsoft Navision, but it's going to be sometime before that is realized. This would be an easy way to have the sales team import data into HubSpot piece by piece for the foreseeable future.

Thanks,
Julia