HubSpot Ideas

Pasqual

Feature to take a cloned quote and associate it with a new deal

I find very handy the feature to clone a quote.

For me is especially useful when you have a similar quote that you need to redo.

My problem is that when I need to clone, a quote is not for the same deal. 

Let me try to explain:

1) I create a deal A 

2) Inside deal A, I create a quote QA

3) Deal A is won, and the quote QA is signed. Great.

4) After a while, I create a Deal B similar to Deal A, so I go to Deal A, and I clone QA, and I obtain a QB associated with Deal A.

Now I have deal A with quotes -> QA and QB

and I have deal B with no quotes

Now I need to be able to associate quote QB with a deal B

Is it possible?

36 Replies
MOleniuk

Yes! This would be an excellent time saving feature. Especially if you have a quote with many line items. 

LSarson
Participant

YES - This is exactly our need!

We have a growing team. To ensure the team is using the best quotes and including all the needed products/line items, we want to direct them to existing quotes. There they CAN clone quotes, change associated contacts, but the quotes are staying with the original deal - without a way to re-assign to a NEW deal. I was surprised we didn't have control here.

Unfortunately, we currently have multiple quotes under one deal and communications with multiple potential customers all under the same deal. This is making our pipeline and analytics a mess. 

HubSpot - please consider this feature! We invested in HubSpot, but our team is using Excel spreadsheets to ensure they have the right line items and can turn it over much faster.

AVillard

We have the same problem and I am also looking for this feature. 

kmoehring
Participant

We need many of the same deals. We were able to clone the deals using a workflow, but cloning the quotes and associating them with the cloned deal would be a huge time saver. 

CDamiano

This would be an enormous time saver since we write several of the same deals that require identical quotes.

JJagiello

This is super annoying that you cant do this. It seems spo simple. Customers oftern reorder the same but this has to be a new deal - it not that unsual - HS will this thread get an update? 

MDumoulin

Yes, we have the same problem. It takes time to create the same quote but for another deal !

JFDavis

I need this.

I also just need a way to associate a Quote with a deal. I don't want to create a new quote in order to associate it with a deal. I should be able to manage the associations of a quote with a deal.

This is a MUST for HS Sales. The whole premise behind cloning a quote is to have the ability to use a previous quote for a new opportunity.  

LSarson
Participant
100% - This is a common/basic need.
MBarton
Participant

This would be a game-changer for my team. Every CRM I've ever used has been able to do this except this one. 

AZargarian

I think its quite embarrasing from HS side to not have this functionality already. This is a given for any sales org. 

JeffJensen

Another user desperate to have this feature implemented. 

LSarson
Participant
I spoke with HubSpot this week, and the feature is not even in the BETA
stage. As many others have stated... this blows my mind that cloning a
quote for a new deal is not a standard feature in the platform. Most
companies strive to perfect an offering and sell it again, and again, and
again.
CSellers

Yes yes yes! I need this and I too have been asking for this for ages. The cloning quote feature has only been half built and I never need to duplicate a quotes for the same deal/customer, it is because the properties/features of that quote are similar to a new deal and cloning to a new deal will save me SO much time.

DDuncan3

Cloning a quote is not useful without this. This is a big oversight in this feature. We need this as well.

BRyder
Participant

Needed please!

jhnnxn

Can't believe this is not a basic function. Need this created asap as our team wants to clone Quotes all the time but for tracking and reporting we need to have separate Deal records. 

Also, there are many issues with having multiple Quotes on one Deal record; for instance, the Deal amount only automatically includes the amount from the original quote, not the aggregate of all quotes.

Please add this function asap!

ILomelin

Please!

Participant

Any update Hubspot Team?