HubSpot Ideas

slenorm

Feature request: Custom Object ID - for unique contacts and no duplicates

Currently the only way to identify unique contacts and avoid duplicates is an email address or an Object ID set by HubSpot.

Could you enable the ability to set our own Object ID (i.e create or choose a custom field in our database) that will be used when importing new contacts to HubSpot ?

An easy way to avoid any duplicates !

(esp. for us when we have a public database to upload each month with existing an existing unique ID for each contact)

2 Replies
KKirk
Participant

Suprising that this has gotten no responses.  There is no way this is an uncommon problem.  It makes me wonder what other companies are doing to patch this obvious gap in such a crucial tool.  My $0.02 / kWh

My sales team is using their personal LinkedIn for prospect generation, and I'd like to use Hubspot to manage our interactions.  Once they target a suspect, they need to screen the CRM for previous enterprise relationships, and prior to sending InMail or connection request, enter the contact with name and LinkedIn profile into Hubspot to effectively 'claim' it as their lead.  

There are typically no emails available for these contacts.  Without it, users can create duplicate contacts, even if they are the OG contact owner or not.  Searching Hubspot by LinkedIn profile link or the handle (https://www.linkedin.com/in/user_handle) returns no existing users, so we're left no unique identifer and must then screen by first and last name.

Ideally, we need as smooth an integration between Hubspot and LinkedIn as Hubspot has with email and phone.  Until then, please make it so that custom contact fields can be used as unique ID's.

nextdentallab

I agree.  Almost 2 years later and this still hasn't been addressed.  It should be upvoted a million times to get this done ASAP!