HubSpot Ideas

HeathVE

Feature request: Auto update currency conversion rates

Our company's main currency is $AUD but we also do some business in New Zealand. I have added the NZ currency option, but was surprised that it asked me to manually configure the conversion rate.  It would be quite simple to link the conversion rate to automatically update the current exchange rate. 

Are Hubspot able to link the currency to auto-update like Xero does?
Could you add this to your list of requested features for the next update?

HubSpot-Updates
Status aktualisiert zu: Being Reviewed
February 22, 2023 07:49 AM

👋 Hello Community members,

I’m Jeannie, a product manager working on multicurrency. Thank you all for sharing your feedback regarding managing multiple currencies in HubSpot.

My team and I have been working on ways to improve your experience with this. We’ve developed a public API that connects to HubSpot’s multicurrency database. The API is still in early access and we invited Justin and the Pacific Marketing Labs team to test it.

Leveraging the public API, Justin’s team has added two new features to the Currency-R8 app:

1) Update exchange rates for all currencies in HubSpot Settings with a click of a button, and

2) Schedule daily updates to exchange rates, so you can set it once and forget it

As part of testing the public API, it would be helpful to get feedback from end users of the Currency-R8 app.

ACTION: If anyone here has already downloaded or is interested in installing the app, your feedback on these two new features would be invaluable! Early access participants will receive an extended free trial and additional free credits, courtesy of the Pacific Marketing Labs team. Here's the request form.

Watch this video to see the Currency-R8 Scheduler in action.

April 26, 2022 07:01 AM

@SComeau , fill out this form if you're keen to chat with the team. We're looking to understand why customers need this functionality. 

April 20, 2022 07:22 AM

Hey HubSpot Community,

Thank you for the feedback. The team would like to better understand the need to set exchange rate dynamically. If you're keen to chat with the team, please fill out this form. We'll reach out for a call.

Thank you for making HubSpot CRM a better tool.

83 Kommentare
JeannieN
HubSpot-Produktteam

👋 Hello Community members,

I’m Jeannie, a product manager working on multicurrency. Thank you all for sharing your feedback regarding managing multiple currencies in HubSpot.

My team and I have been working on ways to improve your experience with this. We’ve developed a public API that connects to HubSpot’s multicurrency database. The API is still in early access and we invited Justin and the Pacific Marketing Labs team to test it.

Leveraging the public API, Justin’s team has added two new features to the Currency-R8 app:

1) Update exchange rates for all currencies in HubSpot Settings with a click of a button, and

2) Schedule daily updates to exchange rates, so you can set it once and forget it

As part of testing the public API, it would be helpful to get feedback from end users of the Currency-R8 app.

ACTION: If anyone here has already downloaded or is interested in installing the app, your feedback on these two new features would be invaluable! Early access participants will receive an extended free trial and additional free credits, courtesy of the Pacific Marketing Labs team. Here's the request form.

Watch this video to see the Currency-R8 Scheduler in action.

MDickinson16
Teilnehmer/-in

A big congrats to Currency-R8 app team for developing a solution that is simple to use, and gets the job done - updates our currencies in Hubspot on a daily basis.  Love it.

deitres
Mitglied

Great idea! I need it, please include my user in beta version!

Justin_Pacific
Mitglied

Thank you @MDickinson16 , great hear our app is helping 😀

Justin_Pacific
Mitglied

@deitres please head over to https://www.pacificmarketinglabs.io/currency-r8 to take a free trial of Currency-R8. Once your trial is active you can request access to Scheduler 😀

CAnderson87
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

It seems this app is no longer available.  Additionally, what I need is currency exchange from an api (currencyfreak) with a log, and for deals to be held at the currency of the day the deal was closed-won.  

Justin_Pacific
Mitglied

CAnderson87 - Currency-R8 is still very much available and can do exactly what you're looking for. I've tried posting a link on here for you but for some reason the posts are not appearing, even though it tells me it posted!

Justin_Pacific
Mitglied

Check out this demo video showing how deal amount can be converted to another currency on closed-won - https://youtu.be/PSdKlVJ7m14

Justin_Pacific
Mitglied

If you'd like a take a free trail of Currency-R8 to try this out for yourself, head over to https://www.pacificmarketinglabs.io/currency-r8 and click on the 'Get Started for free' button to sign up for the trial

deitres
Mitglied
Thanks Justin, I think is too expensive in mi case .

Justin_Pacific
Mitglied

@deitres that's a shame, if you are looking to convert large volumes we can set up an Enterprise plan for you. DM me justin.shardlow@pacificmarketing.co.uk is you'd like to discuss.

arinker
Stratege/Strategin | Partner
@JeannieN: When will the public API be available in beta?

If pacificmarketinglabs.io is already able to sell a product based on it,
surely it should be possible for solutions providers and partners to access it as part of a beta.

GET /account-info/v3/currencies
UPDATE /account-info/v3/currencies

Endpoints under Account Information API  would be enough for now.

Best

Arnesen
Mitglied | Elite Partner

I stand with @arinker here – Available endpoints in the Account Information API would suffice.

90 % of the time we just want our multi currency clients to not have to manually update the exchange rates, without having to add yet another subscription based app from the marketplace.

Justin_Pacific
Mitglied

@arinker @Arnesen - Is it purely a cost issue? We've intentionally kept our pricing as low as possible (Essential plan is just $9.95/month) to make this an easy plug-n-play decision so interested to know why you want to build something bespoke (that would cost more) rather than simply use our app?

Any feedback much appreciated, thanks 🙂

Justin_Pacific
Mitglied

@arinker @Arnesen  - we've also just introduced a partner program. As a partner you get to use our apps (Currency-R8, Valid8) on your own HubSpot portal free of charge. If you're interested, here's the link https://www.pacificmarketinglabs.io/partner or feel free to reach out to me if you'd like to discuss.

Arnesen
Mitglied | Elite Partner

Hey @Justin_Pacific – Your app looks amazing, don't get me wrong. And the pricing is not high at all, so for clients that could benefit from the features it would be a no brainer to use it. The issue is more that, for example right now, I have a client that just want to the exchange rate to auto update – Something our developer has a system for already set up, we just need a HubSpot API endpoint.

Justin_Pacific
Mitglied

Hi @Arnesen thanks for the feedback, much appreciated. If you change your mind and would like to use our app in the interim, do give me a shout . All the best 🙂

arinker
Stratege/Strategin | Partner

@Justin_Pacific There's nothing wrong with your app, but since I'm here on a HubSpot forum to improve HubSpot, don't expect an "advertisement" for third-party apps. As a HubSpot solution provider, we want to be able to access all aspects of HubSpot through the API to provide holistic solutions to our customers. It's also unattractive to have to explain to our customers why they need additional paid apps for "obvious things" from their point of view on top of the cost of HubSpot. This is not to say that your app is not useful for customers without programming skills.

Justin_Pacific
Mitglied

@arinker - thanks for the feedback, much appreciated and apologies if I've been 'over promoting' my wares on this forum post 🙂  

tcxen
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende | Platinum Partner

Glad this idea is being reviewed.

Is this functionality going to be available in HubSpot, or will it require the 3rd party app to do the following?