Feature request: Auto update currency conversion rates

HeathVE

Our company's main currency is $AUD but we also do some business in New Zealand. I have added the NZ currency option, but was surprised that it asked me to manually configure the conversion rate.  It would be quite simple to link the conversion rate to automatically update the current exchange rate. 

Are Hubspot able to link the currency to auto-update like Xero does?
Could you add this to your list of requested features for the next update?

HubSpot updates
Status updated to: Not Currently Planned
Apr 27, 2021

Hey folks!

I'm updating this thread to Not Currently Planned because the use case has been solved by a partner in our App Accelerator program. The App Accelerator program is when HubSpot enlists partners to build apps to solve customer problems that the HubSpot product team doesn't have the resources to fill.

In this case, DataWarehouse.io built the Ultimate Currency Converter app, which enables you to convert deal amounts into other currencies inside of HubSpot deals. Learn more here: https://ecosystem.hubspot.com/marketplace/apps/sales/crm/ultimate-currency-converter

Best!

Joe

Ideas Forum Manager

Apr 23, 2021

Hey folks!

I wanted to hop in and let you know there's an awesome new app in the HubSpot marketplace that solves this issue!

The Ultimate Currency Converter enables you to convert deal amounts into other currencies inside of HubSpot deals within seconds. The conversion rates are updated every 60 seconds to give you near real-time accuracy when using the calculator.

https://ecosystem.hubspot.com/marketplace/apps/sales/crm/ultimate-currency-converter

Best!

Joe

Status updated to: Being Reviewed
Mar 2, 2021

Hey folks!

I chatted with our Product team about this Idea, and wanted to provide some updates. We're currently having some light conversations about how automatic currency conversions might be implemented in HubSpot.

When it comes to currency exchange, there are a lot of factors in play (changing exchange rates, tax codes, etc.), so we want to be 100% sure we can deliver an A+ feature before deciding to (or to not) move forward with development.

All updates will be relayed through this thread, so stay tuned.

Best!

Joe

Ideas Forum Manager

25 Replies
SGates

Joe. 

Please reconsider this update urgently as Ultimate Currency Converter does not address the functionality of this thread.  I was massively surprised to discover the lack of simple exchange rate features in Hubspot.  The core feature needs to be:

- Automatically update the exchange rates between foreign currencies and the Company Currency on at least a daily basis.

- Ensure Closed Deals capture the exchange rate at the time the deal is set to Closed.

- Allow a manual override of the exchange rate on any deal.

LWilson3

To second SGates 's comment this feels like a critical feature that should be in HubSpot. It was in a previous CRM we just moved from as standard.

LMartin82

This should be a free plug-in, really. 

Issen007
Contributor

I have start working on python script build in to a k8s / docker container, but I'm missing the last endpoint. 

When we have a endpoint will I open up the code for free so you can update the exchange rate every hour/days or week.

I have made the "Alpha Version" availible on GitHub if someone want to help if they find the last endpoint.
https://github.com/IssTech/hubspot_update_exchange_rate

/Christian

johnelmer
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner

@SGates @LMartin82 @LWilson3 @JoeMayall Based on your feedback, the Ultimate Currency Converter app is now FREE for all users on the app marketplace. We are working on some enhancements based on your comments, which will be announced shortly. Thank you for helping us provide a useful service to the HubSpot Community.