HubSpot Ideas

HeathVE

Feature request: Auto update currency conversion rates

Our company's main currency is $AUD but we also do some business in New Zealand. I have added the NZ currency option, but was surprised that it asked me to manually configure the conversion rate.  It would be quite simple to link the conversion rate to automatically update the current exchange rate. 

Are Hubspot able to link the currency to auto-update like Xero does?
Could you add this to your list of requested features for the next update?

83 Replies
SGates

Joe. 

Please reconsider this update urgently as Ultimate Currency Converter does not address the functionality of this thread.  I was massively surprised to discover the lack of simple exchange rate features in Hubspot.  The core feature needs to be:

- Automatically update the exchange rates between foreign currencies and the Company Currency on at least a daily basis.

- Ensure Closed Deals capture the exchange rate at the time the deal is set to Closed.

- Allow a manual override of the exchange rate on any deal.

LWilson3

To second SGates 's comment this feels like a critical feature that should be in HubSpot. It was in a previous CRM we just moved from as standard.

LMartin82

This should be a free plug-in, really. 

Issen007
Contributor

I have start working on python script build in to a k8s / docker container, but I'm missing the last endpoint. 

When we have a endpoint will I open up the code for free so you can update the exchange rate every hour/days or week.

I have made the "Alpha Version" availible on GitHub if someone want to help if they find the last endpoint.
https://github.com/IssTech/hubspot_update_exchange_rate

/Christian

johnelmer
Top Contributor | Elite Partner

@SGates @LMartin82 @LWilson3 @JoeMayall Based on your feedback, the Ultimate Currency Converter app is now FREE for all users on the app marketplace. We are working on some enhancements based on your comments, which will be announced shortly. Thank you for helping us provide a useful service to the HubSpot Community.

UPDATE:  At the end of 2021, The Ultimate Currency Converter app was withdrawn from the HubSpot App Marketplace.  The app remains available on a private basis from Datawarehouse.io as a paid service.

tracerswarner

That currency converter does NOT solve the issue. I cannot use the "amount in company currency" property and all our revenue attribution reports will still pull from the hubspot account settings exchange rate. It seems this will only update on the deal, not on our whole hubspot instance.

AdamZ
Participant | Elite Partner

Seems like HubSpot wants customers to rely on an app for ~$8/mo for this functionality...

Can HubSpot at least make the conversion rates properties that can be updated via workflow?

MDickinson16
Participant

I am another supporter of having such a feature within Husbot.....

FranciscoAbarza

I would love not have to pay another service to make the updates of exchange rates.

This must solved in hubspot please.

MFerndale

Has the Ulimtate Currency Converter been renamed/moved? I can't find it in the marketplace? 

Also @JoeMayall has there been any movement on this, we currently sell in 5 currencies so not having an auto update currency feature could be a deal breaker. 

johnelmer
Top Contributor | Elite Partner

@MFerndale Regrettably, the Ultimate Currency Converter app has been discontinued due to lack of usage.  The app is still available privately as a paid service. DM me if you are interested in learning more.

John_D

Hey All,

In looking for a solution for this problem myself I looked into this Currency Conversion app, and came across this thread that said it has been discontinue.
https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Sales-Integrations/Announcement-Currency-Conversion-App-Now-Availab...

The page Joe referenced above also doesn't exists so I guess it's certainly gone.

I just built out a simple workflow in Integromat that updates all my products for me automatically. This can also be done with any other no-code integration tool such as Zapier.

If anyone is interested in this solution I've written it up here: 
Automatically Update Currency Exchange Rates for Hubspot Products

Hope it helps.

John

ybaptiste
HubSpot Product Team

Hey HubSpot Community,

Thank you for the feedback. The team would like to better understand the need to set exchange rate dynamically. If you're keen to chat with the team, please fill out this form. We'll reach out for a call.

Thank you for making HubSpot CRM a better tool.

SComeau
Top Contributor

We absolutly need this. I can not be updating the currency every day

ybaptiste
HubSpot Product Team

@SComeau , fill out this form if you're keen to chat with the team. We're looking to understand why customers need this functionality. 

LLynam
Participant

We would be keen to automate this process. I have tried filling out the form but have no permission to view it @ybaptiste 

ESeligman

We are interested in this as a feature, but I also cannot access the form. @ybaptiste 

Participant

I 100% agree with this. It is a total chore having to update this manually periodically. We transact in over 20 currencies worldwide so this is a big problem for us. Also, having to manually adjust each product currency support is another issue. The product pricing reflects in cost. Our default is USD so the default currency setting you put in the exchange rate, but on the product side you put in the cost in the local currency as related to your default currency price. There must be a better way of doing this and avoiding all the manual input. 

PFurtado

Having the ability to change the currency rates in the account automatically with a provided service or with an API is fundamental to any business that needs reporting 

Please reconsider making this feature soon.

adamlfoster
Member | Partner

Just checking in to see if any progress has been made here.

So I have a client with a product set consisting of 604 products in 4 different currencies.

Every month I have to export all product. Write a formula in Excel. Update every product cost in line with the companies new exchange rates.

I then import it back into HubSpot.

This process is open to possible human errors which could have serious impacts for my clients (sales reps quoting wrong prices for products, etc).

Is this something that HubSpot has not considered? 

In the settings>general>currencies area would it not make sense that those values when updated anutomacally update the product pricing?

Maybe I'm missing somehing here?