HubSpot Ideas

Houdet

Feature allowing the duplication of an existing task

The tasks I create for myself have very similar settings (if not the same every time) yet I have to create each one of them manually which is a real timekiller. 

I'd love to see a new feature allowing to duplicate an existing task and/or to create task templates allowing title, type of task, email reminder etc. to be saved and not to spend a minute on every contact trying to settle the exact same task several times. 

10 Replies
emilyfarrar
Participant

We have a sales user that works in a similar way. This would be a great feature to have! 

Gryzzly_io

Completely agree with this idea. This would be a huge time saver ! 

mcraciun
HubSpot Employee

+1 This would save users a lot of time!

ARodning

+1 

JPayne

I'm all in on this one! For every deal we create the same list of tasks for carrying out that deal to completion. Would be really nice to be able to copy the same list of tasks into each new deal.

campbelljohnt

Agreed for marketing use as well on the campaign calendar. Although the details change, the methodology is often the same. I feel like you should be able to clone tasks so you can just fill in the details later - for instance, you'll probably want to publish blogs and create social posts with similar frequency. This is a monotonous task to manually create this every time.

A_Jen
Participant

+1

SkeeStylus
Contributor | Partner

Duplication seems to be a hurdle for the HubSpot product team for some reason.  Like deals (and other objects for that matter) I would love to see this as well.  

ACogswell

This seems like a very basic function that would be a huge quality of life improvement. 

TJones1

Agree!