HubSpot Ideas

KGallagher

Feature Suggestion - Contextual contacts when emailing

Hello!

Right now when I start drafting an email from within a company, I can click into the 'to' field and it pulls up the contacts within the institution - very helpful. If, however, it's a long list it's nice to just type the person I want to send to by first or last name and have them pop up.

The issue is that as soon as I type something it starts searching across all contacts in our entire list of contacts, the context of the current company I'm in is lost. I usually end up just looking at the feed in the centre of my screen for an email that was sent to the person recently, clicking to expand it, clicking to expand the 'to' emails so the full email displays (no easy copy emails option here) and then manually select the text from the pop-over and copy the text there and paste the email into my draft. It works but it's kind of annoying to do +50 times in a row.. I've definitely accidentally sent an email to some random person that was very personalized (it went to a prospect vs. an existing client.. whoops)

Would be helpful to even as you type just contextually search in the list that was there right before I started typing. Then maybe have an option (if no results show up) to display out-of-current-context contacts? Just a thought 🙂

HubSpot has been a great tool overall, just a minor thing that I thought was worth sharing!