HubSpot Ideas

JLSB

External Conversion Tracking and A/B Testing on Hubspot Landing Pages

We have some product landing pages hosted on Hubspot which sell books / courses and link to a checkout process which is not hosted on Hubspot. 

We currently send email traffic of existing contacts (who did not sign up via a Hubspot form) to this page, and when they buy the product because of the sales page, it does not affect the "Contact to Customer" rate or "Customers" metrics which are part of the A/B test results page. Per the staff we spoke with in support, this is because these visitors never filled out a Hubspot form.

For instance, this is what I see in the "Test Results" section:

Screen Shot 2019-09-30 at 10.51.06 AM.png

People from both versions of the page have bought the product, but nothing is displayed.

I am not entirely sure why having filled out a Hubspot form is a mandatory part of tracking a conversion, but for B2C companies like us that is not what we are looking for as a conversion. We want to know when someone buys from a sales page.

It would be really helpful to be able to track ecommerce conversions for the A/B tests we are conducting on Hubspot landing pages. My developer spent quite a bit of time figuring out how to use HUBL only to discover (after building our pages from scratch on Hubspot) that it was basically wasted effort since no tracking actually occurs. 

Making it easier to A/B test and see the results from this will help make more successful customers who have enough ROI to continue paying for your product.

3 Replies
kelseyingram392
Contributor | Platinum Partner

@JLSB did you find a solution to this? This is a major roadblock for us with a very similar situation, so any insight is welcome! 

JLSB
Contributor

Hi @kelseyingram392, right now we're using Google Optimize to manage the A/B tests, which is not as accurate as using Hubspot due to adblockers... but better than manually tallying the conversions 🙂 Getting the testing set up on Hubspot would create a lot of value for people who are serious about Landing Page Optimization.

kelseyingram392
Contributor | Platinum Partner

Got it @JLSB , following this idea since it would be great to see an update from HubSpot on this!