HubSpot Ideas

eatmorefish

Exporting list of Deals including information about Company, Contact and Product

I want to be able to export Deals (filtered or not) to a list format (.CSV, .XLSX, etc.) so that I can use more flexible and powerful visualization tools, such as Excel, to be used in presentations.

However today when you export a list it will only contain information about the deal, it gives no context as to where the customer is located geographically (country, address), the type and quantity of products is related to a Deal and so on. This makes the whole exporting Deals functionality rather useless to me, because it gives me very little strategic insight.

These are some of the properties that I would like to include in a Deals list export:

Company:

• name
  • industry
  • type
  • country
  • city
  • last activity date
  • number of times contacted
  • total revenue

• first name
  • last name
  • country
  • address
  • contact priority
  • job title
  • last activity date
  • number of times contacted
  • number of sales activities
  • total revenue

Product:

• product name/ID
  • quantity (for each product)
  • unit price (for each product)
  • total price
HubSpot Updates
Re: Products - export capability
January 16, 2018 07:16 AM

Hey @MorganneH! I'm going to refer you to https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Filter-by-Products-in-Lists/idi-p/70430 for the first part of your idea and make this one particularly about exporting.

15 Replies
MorganneH
Participant

Love the new Products feature you rolled out last month. However, the reporting is so limited that my team isn't able to take advantage of the feature.  Currently it's limited to one dashboard (Sales by Item report) which provides only aggregate-level data.

We need to be able to see product information/types in a regular list or contacts filter? For example, I want to pull a list of which clients have Product X in their associated deals.

Similarly, export functionality is needed  - Can you please add the capability to export a list of all deals and their associated products that comprise each deal? That way we can segment and pull lists to the individual level rather than an aggregate.

hroberts
HubSpot Product Team

Hey @MorganneH! I'm going to refer you to https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Filter-by-Products-in-Lists/idi-p/70430 for the first part of your idea and make this one particularly about exporting.

NIWL

This is a good and needed idea! 

If an employee changes the Deal Stage to Closed Won we need to know the exact included product items (name and amount) to export this data via API to our ERP-System to trigger the shipping to the costumer. Right now it's ok to transfer it manually, but if we scale it leads into serious work. And whenever there are system breaks, the source of error increases again. So please make sure to develop this feature. 

clioi
Top Contributor

Hey @hroberts do you have an update on this? Thanks!

SuzanneSanders

We need this feature not only for reporting but also for sales proposals. Our products include various credit line items that make up the final sale and the quote form is not sophisticated or flexible enough for us to use as a proposal. We are using PandaDoc to pull in various Deal tokens from Hubspot and right now we cannot pull in product tokens. So we are having to use a workaround using google sheets. This lack of reporting and querying product line items makes your product feature useless to us. 

sarahsenior

I definatley need this also, very suprised that this is not a standard feature. The only work around I have found, is to create a report based on both deal and product properties, and then when in the report edit I cna copy and paste the table into excel...luckily we are a small compnay so not so many lines to copy, but the need for products to be exported is a must in my opinion..

Thanks

Sarah

bruj02
Participant

We're definitively interested in this too. Any idea if this suggestion is moving forward?

This type of "SQL Join" capability is very much needed to create useful exports and gather new insights into the data. 

Thank you!

cristianneely87

Please add this feature. I have many clients that need to pull out a sheet with deals and have some contact information rows

Bettinarf
Contributor

I totally agree with this. 

It should be possible to export combined information from company contacts and deals. 

Please this is really necessary!!

SalesComMaster
Participant

agree, seems like a basic feature. please make it happen asap!

EleyMetrology

Do we have any feedback on this. I would use this on a daily basis as well.

Mirthe
Member | Diamond Partner

We could definitely use this for one of our clients too!

Herschel
Top Contributor

I am less concerned about the associated Company and Contact data being included in the Deal export as there is currently enough info in Deal exports with the included associated object IDs to gather those data points through a couple additional exports + lookups.

I am however very concered with the lack of associated product data in Deal exports or seemingly anywhere else.

Dylan
HubSpot Product Team

This is currently supported by building a cross-object report and exporting that dataScreen Shot 2020-03-30 at 11.37.55 AM.png

Dylan
HubSpot Product Team

Hello HubSpot Community, 

Thank you as always for your continued feedback, it helps us build a great product. As mentioned in my comment above, this is possible by building a cross-object report and then exporting the data in that report. For that reason, I'm going to mark this idea as delivered!