HubSpot Ideas

claw

Exporting Knowledge Base articles

It will be nice if there's an option to export KB articles 🙂 As we do have the option to do so in website pages, landing pages and blogs.

58 Replies
Jkiwi

YES PLEASE! It would be super helpful to be able to export the questions just to be able to multi purpose them as well as make them more readible like a book.....this would be great for training!

Thanks for considering!

Jennifer

Jena
Participant

I feel like the only reason not to have an exoprt function is to fouce us to stay locked into using HubSpot which is really dissapointing. 

bmccleary

Agreed... this is is required feature.  Everyone's content is extreemly valuable and not being able to export/retrieve our data is a major missing.  Eporting to basic markdown is prefered, but even HTML or PDF rendering would be acceptable.

Neidac21

It would be very useful and important to export the list and insight data of the articles in the kb

SusanBot

Absolutely vital!!! Is there a way to get an update on this development???

Snaedis
HubSpot Product Team

Hi everyone,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your feedback. 

We definitely will build export functionality for the knowledge base. However, I don't know when we'll have the resources to do this work. Right now, our teams are focused on finishing the multi-language knowledge base features, multi-language blog, and some other projects to improve content management throughout the content tools. So even though we do plan to build export functionality, I am going to mark this idea as "not currently planned" (emphasis on currently!) because we've not yet decided when the work will be done.

I'm sorry, I know this is disappointing. This is one of biggest needs for the knowledge base, and we will keep it top of mind as we plan for KB's future. 

- Snaedis 

jean-david
Contributor

This is actually tightly linked to the multi-language knowledge base features. Indeed, it is needed to send (and import back) translated articles if you do not want to go through the hassle of copying and pasting all of the titles and contents of your knowledge base one by one...

The import-export feature should also be accessible via API to communicate with a translation management system (just as it is possible for emails, blog articles, mail templates and website pages).

EdersonFonseca

Funcionalidade muito importante para gestão de conhecimento interno.

cquattlebaum

Yes, this would make things SOOO much easier! Please prioritize this!

SKamish

I also feel this is a must have and should be provided with a higher priority.

APolo

Hello Hubspot team,

The ability to export knowledge base articles to HTML, and other formats would be a great addition. Currently, the limitations on the exportation of KB articles, has resulted on re-adapting workflows that are now less efficient.

The addition of HTML view for editing manuals would also be great. Having the ability to edit a manual in HTML view grants the user more malleable knowledge base articles.

Thank you

SCatala

Exporting the KB is a must. For us it's a game changer since we are still deciding on the platform that we will be using for our KB. If we will be putting so much content and data into this KB, it is a must to be able to export this data if I decide to change to a different platform or to host the KB ourselves in a few years. 

BBroadhead

This feature would be great for us as we need to save previous versions to be compliant. 

AreebAhmad

We really want this feature. It's a must-have

CLindgren

Yes, please

JDumbrille
Participant

2  1/2 years, since it was brought up

We need to export a category of KB articles in their order, Where can I vote for this issue?

DoraMeleg
Contributor

We would need this too 😞 

finnruijter

It really just looks like HubSpot wants to vendor lock-in their clients. This is also the case for different export functionalities. Already been 3 (!) years since this feature is brought up.

James13

This would be a great feature to support!

JDumbrille
Participant

This feature would strengthen Hubspot as a system of record.