HubSpot Ideas

mgombe

Export conversations

It would be benefitial to be able to export conversations to analysis efectivity and contact of my company with the clients.

32 Replies
DBuckleyLeadG2
Member | Diamond Partner

Yes, this is absolutely needed. We would want to be able to export live chat conversations into a spreadsheet and have that include important data like:

• Date and time
  • Page they were on
  • Who was assigned the chat
  • Response time
  • Length of chat in time
  • Etc. 
SandyMrSteam

Definitely, we need to be able to create reports. We have offices on the East and Wests coast and to staff and allocate resources we need the data.  The data is there, we need to be able to extract it. We are hoping this is an easy change to implement. 

CrypticFact

It is crucial that we are able to download this data.  We may need to consider using an alternate live chat solution.

Elisha13

This is basic functionality, another failure in proper investment in their service product

bstalnaker

Why is this still not done? It should be pretty simple to export conversations. Assignee, content, respond datetimes. Come on people.

Astocker
Participant

Requested for two years and still not available. Essential function.

larissav

Absolutely agree, this is crucial and fundamental. 

justinsmith
Participant

Being able to export the chats with the data is an essential feature. 

ericacowan
Contributor

Agree! Disappointing that this is not currently planned.

AreebAhmad

Yes, this is a must-have feature. We should be able to export a particular conversation including all the emails in the thread for a ticket in Inbox. That is very helpful when you need to share the whole picture of a ticket/conversation internally with someone who is not on HubSpot + for future reference too.

linajllo

Definitely necessary. We need to be able to download all the data and touchpoints we've had with our contacts. Hubspot really needs to get on board with this. 

AEleuch
Participant

Agree! It is super important for us to analyse which keywords/scripts/... work better. 
Thank you in advance 🙂

mejiUlises

I must agree with what everyone in this thread expressed already. It a dissapointing to see that this data is unavailable to be extracted when other similar products offer this functionality. 

Hopefully hubspot gets on this sooner rather than later.  

georgserg

This would be super helpful. Crucial to see what chatflows/techniques work better than others.

NicoleJ
HubSpot Moderator

+1

CBosco

I need this data for our analytics. Please update with this capability. Thanks

vvadlamani
HubSpot Product Team

Hey everyone - I'm the product manager on the team.

We have Conversations APIs that you can use to extract message content and relevant metadata for analytics purposes (and other use cases). These APIs are currently in a public beta and more details are available here - https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/api/conversations/conversations

If you have any open questions, please post your questions in this group and someone on the team will respond. 

Cheers,

Vijay

JaneMoore
Contributor | Diamond Partner

This is highly needed! The ability to export conversations in an easy to follow format is something that is quiet urgently needed as these conversations cannot easily be filtered through into lists.

AngieZ1

Hello guys,

We also need this option - to export email threads of our managers + notes. 

Please consider this.

sandeeptodi

Find it absolutely unacceptable that I cannot export conversations / inbox data. Any and all data in hubspot belongs to the customer and a raw text / HTML export should be a basic feature.