HubSpot Ideas

annemarien

Export a single property's sub-values (e.g. dropdowns, checkboxes)

We've conducted an internal review of properties and one of the needs was to see the values in dropdowns/checkboxes, and the only way was to manually copy out the values. Would be useful to be able to export them instead.

Also do you need an idea category of "properties"? I can't find the best category for this idea.

51 Replies
jleow
HubSpot Employee

Hi everyone! 

@jeszhang and I were looking into this roadblock. As a workaround, we can add the property to a form as a form field. In the form field editor, we can then display all property values. Finally, we can copy and paste these values into an excel sheet or similar.  

Here's a step-by-step guide on how to do so, hope this helps! 

LROADY
Contributor

This isnt resolved yet?!?!? help please

alexluong1
Participant

Upvoted, agreed. It would be great to have a button to export options as a csv. There's already options to paste in your own, and load from other properties. So this is the missing link!

GScaglia

Hey there 👋

I found an easy workaround, it's not very clean but it works !

1. Create a new "Multiple Checkboxes" property (temporary)
  2. Load the options of this new property with the values of the property you want to extract the data from
  3. Add the newly created property to a new form (temporary)
  4. Publish the form and use the preview page
  5. Then select all the values of the checkbox property and paste that into your excel file 🎉
  6. Delete the checkbox property and the form

Hope this will help some of you.

Cheers !

DomJam

Hi, our company would appreciate this function. It will save our time and nerves 🙂

BSong
HubSpot Employee

Agreed on this! If we could see properties sub-options and the number of values each has when exporting "all properties" it gives us as users better insights to this and a holistic view of our data

JIbarra3

Any update on this? Would love to be able to implement this asap. 

JDoherty1

Just asked support about this today, the funcationality still doesnt' exist

FilipBäckström

We need to update the values of a property that consists of 2098 options. If I paste the list of updated values it recognizes 2098 of them as already existing so I will have to clear every duplicate/already existing value in order to make it work. 

If I just could export the values then I could filter the list of duplicates and only paste the new values. 

Daveanas

May I know if there is a new update on this request? An option to import and export would be great. 

Sharjeel2023

It's absurd that there's still no way to export a list of values for a property.  

LaurenGB

This is especially helpful for property audits with Salesforce. Please make this happen, HubSpot. A past team has several properties with over 100 values and being able to export them would be a huge time saver. 

LFielding8

Still nothing HubSpot? It's been 3 years.

AMacLeod2

Please make the happen! Such a simple feature I think. I have a list to import into hubspot and I need to make sure the values in a column match the values in the specific property, but it has over 50 options and it's way too manual.

MMcHugh2

It would be great to be able to export the property label and internal value as a CSV or an XSLX file. 

MHusøy

I don't know if they made a feature for this yet, however, I found a simple workaround: 

1. Open the property where you want to export the values
  2. Change "10 per page" to "Show all"
  3. Drag the mouse from top to bottom and copy-paste it into ChatGPT
  4. Ask ChatGPT to make it into a neat list for excel, word etc.

I still would like the export option btw.😊

Ellesyanna
Contributor | Diamond Partner

Very surprised this isn't a possibility yet! Please create this functionality HubSpot!

JasonAGT

Hi all, I saw this thread working on a similar problem.  The solution was to make a new field (for multiple checkboxes) and import values from my original text field.  Key is to use the export feature to manage data in excel externally, then reimport.  Here are the basic steps:

1. Export the data you want to change with the original (text) field, you will use this to create the list options.  Best to create a hubspot list first and export from there with only the columns you want
  2. Open the exported spreadsheet In excel or another spreadsheet editor,.  Create a list of unique values from the original field with an advanced filter or other technique (google it if you need to)
  3. Create a new field with dropdown or checkboxes in HubSpot, copy this unique values list from excel into the new field options
  4. Create a list in hubspot with your companies or contacts, an ID column (company domain name or contact name), old file, new (blank) field
  5. Export list to excel
  6. In excel, copy the old field values to the new field
  7. Save the file and import back into hubspot.  Clean up errrors as you go, the error checking functionality of HubSpot is awesome!   You have to manipulate and re-save the spredhseet you are updating from.  I had to delete the ID field that appeared.  Add values to existing companies, only overwrite the new field JIC.

This takes a bit to learn, but it is very powerful.  Thanks hubspot!

PBonino

I would need it to. 

RRogers

Can we get an update on this?