HubSpot Ideas

Lilush

Export Workflows

I think it would be great to have the option to export workflows. 

Often I have to provide information about the structure of the workflow, and as these can be sometimes quite complecated - it would be great to be able to just export them as excel or pdf... I think it is much needed. 

Thanks 🙂

57 Replies
rwong
HubSpot Employee

Upvoting this on behalf of a customer! It would be useful to do this in bulk as well.

In my customer's case, she was doing an audit of all the internal notification emails sent to different teams based on different enrollment triggers. E.g. if contact had submitted a form AND postcode is ABC, send internal email to office ABC.

She has around 300 workflows set up to send internal notifications to their different offices, so she has to manually copy the enrollment criteria and actions for each workflow to create a full list of which contacts are being assigned to which office.

Squiggles92

Fullly support this idea - any developments as to where it is within the pipeline 

MeganLegge
HubSpot Product Team

Hi everyone,

I’m Megan Legge, a product manager for HubSpot’s workflows tool. At this time there are no plans to develop this specific Idea of making workflow content exportable. It sounds like there are a few different needs represented here, some centered around understanding what’s happening across workflows and their interactions with each other, and some centered around making it easier to rebuild/copy workflows or share with teammates.

We recognize these needs and are thinking about effective ways to enable customers toward these goals. For example, we’re currently working on team partitioning for workflows, and will soon begin work on read-only permissions, so that creators of workflows have more granular control over sharing workflows, but in safe ways. Additionally, we're working on functionality to give better insight on your workflows overall, in app, as opposed to only on individual flows.

This is not to say that other features like this will never be developed, just that there are no plans to address these challenges in this particular way, at this time.

Best,

Megan

KeyWestScott
Key Advisor

@MeganLegge Thank you for the update.

One of the things that you hit on, that is sorely needed is on the concept of security and locking down items.  Too much of HS is all or nothing.  Either you give user XX full access or none.  There needs to be much more granularity, not only in workflows but across the platform.

Thanks again.

Scott

SkylerSchmanski
Contributor

Hi @MeganLegge, it's great to hear we'll be gaining more nuanced security features in workflows. Thanks!

afmarketing

Yes, I like this idea as well. Often I have to relist the entire workflow I created in a document or something in order to show a client how things are working. When I show them the logic branches IN Hubspot, it is very hard for them to understand because they are not Hubspot users. I would really love this feature!

mikedupuy
Contributor | Gold Partner

Just came in to +1 the idea of being able to clone workflows between portals. Many of my clients would like to set up similar workflows for email nurtures, etc. and it would be great to be able to clone the workflow structure between portals to include the YES and NO branches.

I'd also love to be able to stage a workflow in my demo account and then once I test it, clone it into a client's portal.

Thanks!

mike 

Degepe

AGREE, 110% .. need to work with clients, partners,  By not facilitating export of flow charts (PDF or whatever), you are not facilitating advocacy of the magic of Marketing Automation !  Screen shots suck and are a time consuming work around - 

twengler
Contributor | Platinum Partner

We wrote a program that copies workflows from 1 portal to another.

We copy much more than this too.

This process takes minutes and we do it together via zoom so we can talk through your particular use case and then show you the results in real time. 

https://www.octoux.com/hubspot-portal-replicator

MeganLegge
HubSpot Product Team

Hi everyone, 

Thanks for continuing to add context and support to this idea. I wanted to let you know that we're now working on a feature to export a workflow from HubSpot as an image (jpeg file), which aligns with many of the requests in this thread. When a beta is available, I'll update again!

Best,

Megan

zeke
HubSpot Product Team

Hi all!

Exciting news, the "Export" feature is now available to all customers! By going to the "More" dropdown of any workflow, you'll now be able to export the entire workflow to PNG. Note that this feature will expand all your If/then branches so that you can get as much information as possible in the export.

Looking forward to hearing your feedback so our team can continue to iterate on the feature!

Zeke

zeke_0-1599571145613.png 

zeke_1-1599571288240.png

SkylerSchmanski
Contributor

Incredible. Thank you so much, Zeke & co.

KarolinaM

That's great! Thank you very much.

CEversull

So happy to have this option.  But, I don't have the link in the "more" dropdown to do this.  Is it still pending?

robbluther
Participant | Platinum Partner

@CEversull I noticed that some of my workflows have the export option... some don't.

zeke
HubSpot Product Team

If you don't see the option, it's likely because you're looking at one of the old "classic" workflows that haven't been upgraded to the new system. You'd need to either migrate the workflow manually (by cloning it) or create a new one from scratch!

NancyO4804
Contributor

@zeke - Thanks for the update. I do see the ability to export as a .PNG. To be able to clone a workflow into a different instance or client would help immensely from an agency perspective. I initially found this thread through this initial ask