HubSpot Ideas

taylorfriss

Export All Properties in CSV.

We just switched over to HubSpot from Salesforce and are trying to do an audit on which properties we have - so we can find duplicates and either merge or delete them. It would be great if we could export all existing Properties in our system with their Name, Description, Type, # Contacts w/ Value, Workflows Used In, Lists Used In, etc. 

Mises à jour HubSpot
Statut mis à jour : Delivered
August 03, 2020 12:28 PM

Hi all!

The Export Property Definitions functionality is now available for Super Admins on all hubs.

To use it, navigate to Settings > Property Settings, and find the "Export all properties" link. Find more documentation here.

I look forward to your feedback!

Jeff Vincent

PM, CRM at HubSpot

Export property definitions linkExport property definitions link

Statut mis à jour : In Beta
July 16, 2020 02:43 PM

Hey all!

I'm excited to share we've implemented a Export Property Definitions feature, thanks to your feedback. You can now export all property definitions for your Contacts, Companies, Deals, and Tickets! Always nice to share some good news.

We don't have everything from Taylor's original request in the first release. Here are the columns included:

• Name
  • Label
  • Type
  • Description
  • Group name
  • Form field
  • Options
  • Read only value
  • Read only definition
  • Calculated
  • External options
  • Deleted
  • Hubspot defined
  • Created user

This is in limited beta for a short period, and then we'll be rolling it out to all hubs over the coming weeks. Excited to see how you can use this to de-clutter your hub and reclaim master of your HubSpot domain.

June 30, 2020 09:53 AM

Hello HubSpot community, 

Thank you for your continued feedback here. I'm delighted to let you all know that this is something in active development and should be available soon. We'll update this post once it is in beta! 

- Dylan 

Statut mis à jour : Being Reviewed
March 30, 2020 08:23 AM

Hello HubSpot Community, 

Thank you as always for your continued feedback, it helps us build a great product.

We are constantly evaluating and re-evaluating our priorities and roadmap to deliver as much value to our customers as possible. The request to export all properties is an interesting one, especially for the migration cases described here. Based on the comments and use cases you all have listed, we are reviewing this request and its feasibility among other priorities on our roadmap. At this time I don’t have any details around timing or delivery, but thanks to the comments and votes on this post we’re actively looking into a solution.

105 Commentaires
SkeeStylus
Contributeur | Partenaire solutions

Great Idea.  Especially for Enterprise Level CRM. 

matthewscheer
Participant

This is a high priority for myself as well. 

It's the kind of feature that is table stakes on an enterprise platform. 

We use Hubspot in an increasingly complex environment. More apps connect to it than ever before. We need a way better tools to manage the complexity as an administrator. Other enterprise-grade marketing platforms, like Pardot, come with this feature. 

JDobbin
Contributeur | Partenaire solutions Diamond

Is there any chance to get this implemented?? That would be very helpful for us too.

achristo
Participant

Also looking for this

sarahcasdorph
Participant

Me too! 

Karishma1015
Membre

Needed for team communications. Which deal properties are created and which they would like to add to thier view. 

VeroniqueMalan
Contributeur

Super useful indeed for large Hubspot implementation - having both properties and all their values together would be brillant for our yearly data cleaning + when we implement additional instances of Hubspot. 

chlooyee
Membre

A hack (e.g. if you want to export the list of deal properties) would be exporting all deals > select "Include all properties" > and then just copy the first row with all your properties! 

Screen Shot 2020-03-05 at 12.20.31 PM.png

deldridge
Participant

Thank you for the idea, chlooyee.  Much appreciated.  However, while that will provides all the property names, it doesn't provide a way to do any analysis.  We also need the Group each property is in, who created each one, and how many forms it's used in.  If a field isn't being used and isn't a Hubspot created field, then we may want to remove that field to clean keep the list clean.  We have found duplicate fields (but not named exactly the same) in the past and it would be great to know which one isn't being used or is used on the least amount of forms to know which would be the easiest to remove, etc.  We have almost 300 fields, and don't want to do this going one by one.

From the thread, you can see people have been asking for this for years.  This should be fairly easy for Hubspot to program.  It's basically an Excel spreadsheet with 4 columns.  I'm not sure why they won't provide this useful function.

Vicky
Membre | Partenaire solutions Gold

Is there any update on this?

It is not a first time that we need this option for our clients, migrating from one system to another.

Export all properties for contact is not really helpfull as we need to include in the report property type, property group and the options if it is a drop down.

beccat
Membre

This would be so helpful! Right now it's a lot of manual when doing certain mappings to those fields from 3rd parties. 

Statut mis à jour : Being Reviewed
Dylan
Équipe de développement de HubSpot

Hello HubSpot Community, 

Thank you as always for your continued feedback, it helps us build a great product.

We are constantly evaluating and re-evaluating our priorities and roadmap to deliver as much value to our customers as possible. The request to export all properties is an interesting one, especially for the migration cases described here. Based on the comments and use cases you all have listed, we are reviewing this request and its feasibility among other priorities on our roadmap. At this time I don’t have any details around timing or delivery, but thanks to the comments and votes on this post we’re actively looking into a solution.

tankney
Participant

One item I would add to this would be the ability to Export Contact Properties by Property Group.  Just having the properties doesn't tell the whole story of what the property is but having the group that it is in would help in field review.

GiovannaVallin
Membre

We need that ASAP. We have lots of duplicated and this would be awesome.

bdesilva
Contributeur

Wow! Three years later and this basic functionality still not here. Bummer. How is an organization supposed to manage their database without being able to easily clean up properties? To do that we need an export or report. Hubspot sells a lot to smaller orgs so this should be a very high priority. All their major competition does this without effort.

travwhite
Contributeur | Partenaire solutions Diamond
+1
clementetag
Membre

We would need this too. It would be also great to get additional info as field type and how many contacts/deals/tickets are using the property.

MikeMol
Membre

+1 for this higly essential HubSpot feature

AshliHeim
Participant

I would love this to be a feature as well! Trying to clean up our data and sync between HubSpot and Salesforce and would love a way to look at it from a high level. 

bluemarshtom
Membre

YES PLEASE!