HubSpot Ideas

taylorfriss

Export All Properties in CSV.

We just switched over to HubSpot from Salesforce and are trying to do an audit on which properties we have - so we can find duplicates and either merge or delete them. It would be great if we could export all existing Properties in our system with their Name, Description, Type, # Contacts w/ Value, Workflows Used In, Lists Used In, etc. 

105 Kommentare
BernardoV
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende | Platinum Partner

The transpose idea mentioned by Kristen Tange is a great way to have a properties innventory, even when we have this option I think we need to be able to download the properties name with the options available for each property with their internal values.  Because working with transpose on excel solves one step of the process but once we have the list we need to add manually the options for each coontact/deal/ticket property. 

ClariceGr
Mitglied

Yes please! This would be so helpful. 

KNE
Mitglied

Yes, I agree. My vote is yes!

This would help with bulk imports and avoiding getting error counts.  

CaseyBeanBKS
Teilnehmer/-in

This is necessary for any major data clean up project! The data is there, why isn't there an easy way to export it? Get on it, HubSpot!

BastiSchuhl
Stratege/Strategin

Is there any update on this? As mentioned before, this is an absolutely essential feature for large data clean up projects. Has this been submitted in the Product forum, yet? Thanks! 

EmmanuelC
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

Hey Lourdes, 

I just found a similar idea posted here with a lot of upvotes: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Export-All-Properties-in-CSV/idi-p/22111.

Feel free to upvote it but also copy/paste your comment there as it helps too! 🙂

Manny

Lourdes
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

Hello all, just FYI, I made nearly the same suggestion separately. The moderator asked me to post my comment on this thread. By the way, good news:  they're working on it and it looks imminent. (I posted the comment below on June 21, 2019)

It would be helpful, when preparing data for import, to be able to export a complete list of all the properties in Hubspot, both default and custom.  Right now, I'm preparing a massive import but to match the fields, I need the list.  I also need to share the list of properties with my colleagues, so that they know what data we have.  Ideally, it would

--export in a .csv or Excel

--include the breakdown of any multi-checkbox or dropdown properties.  (For example, I have one multicheckbox property with about 90 checkbox options). 

--include a column organizing the properties by a category (for example, Phone, Address, Professional, Stats, etc.

--include who created the field (Hubspot or the user)

--include the definition of the field, either Hubspot's default definition or the user's definition provided when creating the property).

This should be fairly easy to export,  I believe. The fields already exist. They just need to be put in a report.  

I have just had to create, manually, a report like this, and it would be nice to be able to just export it in the future. 

I'm attaching a screenshot of a portion of my list. This took a couple of hours to do. 

I realize that Hubspot has certain categories (Contact, Web, etc.).  Please note that my categories are different because they are EXPRESSLY FOR batching together similar fields, in order to match my import fields to Hubspot fields.  For example, I have some data now in which there are 20 phone fields! I need to narrow them down. For that, I need to see all my phone fields, and all Hubspot phone fields. Same with emails.  Not the very broad category "Contact Data" which has everything from phone fields to whether someone is deceased. 

Anyway this would be a huge help. 

I just saw that I can't attach a screenshot, nor copy-paste an image into this field. So there's another suggestion. 

annieseattle
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

Please make this happen.  It's really such a simple development effort to just add an export button to export the values associated with a particular property.  It would save so much time.  Thanks in advance for listening.

yeeling
Mitglied

recently raised up the same request of exporting all the data fields and picklist values via support as well today. Currently there isnt a function to export the fields/values, neither is there an existing cvs / xls from Hubspot that they can share with us.

it's a basic requirement for us to migrate from existing CRM to hubspot to ensure that data gets mapped properly before migration and also for development of integration.  Not sure for how long more do we have to wait to get hold of that.

Loki
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

This is definitely something HubSpot should consider implementing. We need to be able to export all existing properties against Contacts/Companies/Deals ...etc instead of having to select each properties individually in the "Custom Report" section. Even then we might be limited in terms of number of properties we're able to export at once. 

Erick1
Mitglied

We fully support this request.

sgenolet
Mitglied

I agree, this would save alot of time. I also, need to align property fields with Salesforce and it would make it so much easier to be able to export a list of the property fields and all the information that goes with them; type, picklist, how many contacts, etc.

jamesd
Mitglied

I agree with this. Just an export of all property-specific values, including all fields listed in the Properties Settings as well Internal name.  As it is I'm going to have to copy and paste a lot manually into a spreadsheet, and I still don't see an easy way to get at the internal name other than drilling down in the popup for each property.

deldridge
Teilnehmer/-in

I came looking for a way to export properties and see there are 2 years worth of requests for the same.  Is there anything in the works to make this possible?  Or is there currently a way to do it that I'm just missing?

ebarajas
Teilnehmer/-in

Would also love to see this implemented. In addition to exporting the properties, I would also like to see who created the field and how times the property is used. The same table that is shown in the Settings section. Thanks!

HubSpotMaster
Autorität | Diamond Partner

@ebarajas Those stats would be great. 

Are there any updates on this idea?

JoeDavies
Stratege/Strategin | Elite Partner

As someone that regularly audits new client's HubSpot setups, this would save me an incredible amount of time! Please, please make this a feature!

JoeDavies
Stratege/Strategin | Elite Partner

As someone that regularly audits new client's HubSpot setups, this would save me an incredible amount of time! Please, please make this a feature!

Otterbot
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

Any update on this? This feature has been requested for several years now.

PhilK
Mitglied

This would be a very useful feature for us too. As we develop our usage of Hubspot it's important to be able to quickly analyse the structure and nature of the data, so we can plan how we develop without over-complicating our existing structure.