HubSpot Ideas

doconn

Export Activity Feed from Contact Lists - Analyze Qualitative Data on Large Scale

Hello! 

I actually wanted to speed up my workflow on user behavior analysis and realized this is not available yet. Hoping that this idea gets picked up by the product team - but being able to export Activity Feeds from Contact Lists into an excel spreadsheet would be HUGE! 

Seeing that I can create a contact list based on LP conversions from UTM campaigns or even dedicated sources - it would be nice to have an excel sheet that contains all "email names" versus total email clicks property - same with which website pages that were visited overall. Trying to identify which actions/activities were conducted BEFORE PURCHASE and sometimes even AFTER PURCHASE. In other words - finding answers such as "Hey, people who came from our Facebook post during this campaign typically converted on _____ email and visited our how-to page 10x more often than people who clicked on Twitter" - these are the answers we're looking for. Adding personalization to assist conversions while monitoring the attribution process! 
It can be quite granular - but these insights can vastly alter marketing strategies and efforts in accordance to user behavior. 
Even measuring data that is time-based - "it takes about 14 digital marketing touchpoints within one week after becoming a lead to garner a purchase within the Instagram segment". These insights could be ground-breaking. I'm conducting this now - but in a very manual format - where I have the email list, then I click on each individual contact, scroll through their activity feed, and calculate that data in a separate spreadsheet - column for email name (opens and clicks), website pages visited + dates, forms & ctas clicked, prior to purchase behavior. 

It's very time-consuming to analyze qualitative data in this way. 😥💔
However, the insights afterwards are spectacular - and it was great to revamp our strategy and monitor results afterwards. 😍

With an excel spreadsheet of exported activity feed per contact list, I could easily make filters & formulas to speed this process up! So many others can obtain profitable insights as well with this! A Data Game-Changer in my opinion! 🤓💪

1 Reply
johnelmer
Top Contributor | Elite Partner

There is now an app in the HubSpot App Marketplace called Ultimate Data Export for HubSpot. You can export the following data tables and their associations directly to Microsoft Excel:

• Contacts
  • Web Analytics
  • Companies
  • Deals
  • Deal History
  • Owners
  • Campaigns
  • Engagements
  • Emails
  • Products
  • Tickets
  • Forms
  • and more related subdata such as Pipelines and Associations.

The raw web analytics you get from this export might be what you need to do other analysis you described. Please mark this as a solution if it helps address your needs.

John