HubSpot Ideas

Teun

Expanded view and live editing for richtext fields in custom modules

The default 'Rich text' module in Hubspot allows us to use the 'expanded view' and live editing of content in Hubspot pages. This gives an great overview of all the content and makes it quite easy to make adjustments. 
The 'richtext' field in custom modules is very similar to the default 'Richt text' module, but by using this field in a custom module, we can add extra settings and options to the content like padding, colors, alignment etc. The downside of using this field is that we do not have the option to expand the view and have a really small view where we have to edit our content.
I would love to see the same functionality as the default 'Rich text' module in the 'richtext' field used in custom modules. The same goes for making the content 'smart', but I have a different feature request for that: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Smart-content-and-Blog-content-for-custom-modules/idi...

Mises à jour HubSpot
Statut mis à jour : Delivered
February 03, 2021 12:00 PM

Hi Folks!

We just released an update that adds the 'edit in expanded view' button below rich text fields in custom modules! Please let me know if you have any questions or feedback!

Katie

April 14, 2020 12:47 PM

Hello HubSpot Community,

Thank you as always for your continued feedback, it helps us build a great product.

We are constantly evaluating and re-evaluating our priorities and roadmap to deliver as much value to our customers as possible. We've definitely been considering ways to make editing rich text in custom modules easier and smoother, and having the option for the expanded editor is a good one. At this time I don’t have any details around timing or delivery, but thanks to the comments and votes on this post we’re actively looking into what it would take to solve this problem.

4 Commentaires
katie
Équipe de développement de HubSpot

Hello HubSpot Community,

Thank you as always for your continued feedback, it helps us build a great product.

We are constantly evaluating and re-evaluating our priorities and roadmap to deliver as much value to our customers as possible. We've definitely been considering ways to make editing rich text in custom modules easier and smoother, and having the option for the expanded editor is a good one. At this time I don’t have any details around timing or delivery, but thanks to the comments and votes on this post we’re actively looking into what it would take to solve this problem.

chucktaylor
Participant

Any progress in this regard? Our content editors make heavy use of richtext fields in some templates. Being able to properly see the content they are adding to these pages is really important. Currently as soon as they add an image, it is extremely hard to tell if the text is flowing around it as they would want.

Statut mis à jour : Delivered
katie
Équipe de développement de HubSpot

Hi Folks!

We just released an update that adds the 'edit in expanded view' button below rich text fields in custom modules! Please let me know if you have any questions or feedback!

Katie

chucktaylor
Participant

Just tried it out now real quick. Fantastic! Thank you.