HubSpot Ideas

hollybo

Exclude weekend due dates when creating Tasks in Workflows

Wouldn't it be great to have an option to have tasks created from a workflow, "skip" weekends when assigning due date? I have my tasks setup to be due 1 day from creation at 5PM. Our response goal is 1 business day. So if I could get these tasks to not count weekends as days, that would be Nirvana. Kind of like how you can choose to have emails not send on weekends.

Does anyone know if that feature is available with the service hub? ... that might give me more amo to lobby for an "upgrade" 😉 LOL

Due Date Task.PNG

15 Replies
VitalityWrks
Participant

Yes. This is a really good idea, as this has really limited some of my important (and rather basic) workflows.

Emilia_agroptim

Super needed here!

nick_zinc

We have a similar need. Sales needs to follow up with customers within 1 day of a submitted ticket (read quote). Right now any tickets created on a Friday at are due Saturday. Ideally this would be Monday.

nick_zinc

This isn't the best solution, but a partial work around would be to have your workflow only execute at particular times. This isn't ideal of course, as it basically just delays the task creation until monday, but might help to curb some of assigning

Screen Shot 2020-11-13 at 1.40.52 PM.png

hollybo
Participant

@nick_zinc  nice! I think I'll try out this workaround.

KAWilliamson

This would be extremely handy for me too we don't work weekends and I am constantly having to change lots of task dates to avoid weekends!

Marcdo

This is something that is already offered by other solutions such as pipedrive in their most basic plans and would be extremely helpful if hubspot could integrate. 

alebioda

Unfortunately, that workaround doesn't work for what we need, our sales team will have a task assigned that is due in 2 days for instance, so if the task is assigned Friday, they come to work on Monday with a 'past due' notice on the task, when in reality, the task shouldn't be due until Tuesday since we work M-F. 

I think this would be a huge benefit and feature add. 

MGarvey

I've had multiple request from within my organization for this feature. Tasks with weekend due dates are causing some issues.

MLuisGarcia

We found the same issue... Hope they will implemented it soon. 

NSmith8910

I have created over 70 workflows to automate tasks at various points for my team, using delays through the workflows so that tasks pop up after certain actions. However we are findin a huge issue with the fact out business is open monday to friday and the tasks will pop up on weekends as the workflows run. There is no option to exclude weekends so that tasks default to the next business day. This seems so basic but a big thing that's missing! Please help Hubspot by creating this update!! 🙂 

EGolborne
HubSpot Product Team

Hi there,

Thank you so much for this feedback! I'm a product manager on the workflows team and we are currently in the process of updating the Create Task action in workflows to allow you to choose to only count business days when setting both the Due Date and the Email Reminder Date. I will follow back up when this is out in public beta so you can request access in your portal! 

Thanks,

Emma

EGolborne
HubSpot Product Team

Hi All - This is now in public beta! You can request access to the beta, if you have workflows access, by going to your HubSpot portal, clicking on your portal name on the top right, and then going down to "Product Updates". On the left side of the page click on "Betas". Find the beta titled "[Public Beta] Set task due date to count business days in workflows" and on the right of it you should see a button to join the beta. You can also click on the beta to read more information about it and how it works. Once you've joined, you can then go to the workflows tool and the Create a Task action should be updated to allow you to select business days. 

If you run into any issues or bugs, feel free to message me directly!

EGolborne
HubSpot Product Team

Hi All - This is now live! You will now be able to select business days for the due date and email reminder when configuring the Create Task action in workflows. Thanks for this feedback!

HJohnson3

Any plan on adding this as a feature to Sequences as well? This is great that it's now available in workflows but sequences introduce the same challenges so I am curious when the capability will be added there.