HubSpot Ideas

kbjornaas

Never Log for Meetings and Calendar sync

In order to use the meetings tool, you have to use the Google Calendar Integration. Unfortunately, this syncs ALL meetings, including internal meetings that have no reason to be in the CRM and this generates inaccurate reporting. 

A couple of ideas to solve:

• Add some HubSpot plugin to the calendar booking similar to the log/track settings in Gmail. 
  • Add additional rules in setup to define what meetings are logged 
  • A blocklist similar to what's available for logging emails ("Never Log" list under Sales Settings) 
  • Add some admin tools to turn off certain users from logging/tracking 
HubSpot Updates
Not Currently Planned
February 12, 2024 11:12 AM

Hi everyone,

I’m Melissa, the Product Manager for HubSpot’s Meetings tool.

Currently, the only meetings that will be logged to HubSpot through calendar sync are meetings that have at least one CRM contact as an attendee. At this time, the team does not have plans to provide more options for which meetings do not get logged.

This is not to say that this idea will never be developed, just that there are no plans to do so at this time. I would still love to continue to get feedback in this thread and learn more about your use cases for meetings with contacts that you do not want to be synced to HubSpot. Learning more about these use cases could help with future planning.

Melissa

66 Replies
DHeywood

+1 for a filter to block meetings being logged against a certain domain like emails. This is really hurting adoption as people are relucant to integrate their calender if every meeting (particualaraly those of a sensitive nature) end up in the CRM for all to see!

auto-mate
Top Contributor

Argh - can't believe this isn't fixed. 

This is a big prob with connected inbox

Salm

Our SDR is also a facilitator, so the meetings on her google calendar so not make sense to be pulled into Hubspot. This requires an extra step to change the meeting type for clean reporting on sales vs internal meetings.

LJuvin
Participant | Partner

Definitely a good idea !

Both google & outlook calendars

4 interesting ideas offered to tackle this issue her.

karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner

Much needed!

LFogarty

Hi, this feature would be extremely helpful. In my particular instance this has to do with a company acquisition and having meetings from the acquiring company clogging our CRM.  We have turned off the email feature but the meetings are still syncing to hubspot. The earlier this enhancement is added the better.

Thank you

DRM

+1 for Microsoft 365.  We cannot use Calendar integration with all meetings being added as to CRM  activities.

Rangrachel
HubSpot Employee

At the moment, meetings logged on Google cal/Outlook cal would have logged them to the existing contact records in HubSpot. Sometimes personal contact records are created accidentally and this ends up logging personal meetings that we might have with the contact records. It would be great if there's an option to prevent some meetings from being logged (just like the way email logging works).

CBaugh
Participant

Upvoting this.  Given that it's been asked for since 2019... seems like a baseline requirement to accurately reflect the number of real client meetings, I don't know how you do it without this.

mblanks

+1 Please prioritize this feature as I agree it hurts adoption.

We need a way to block certain meetings from creating a CRM record - say from our personal email accounts where we want to cc in our work email address in order to block the time on our calendars. Blocking time is critical so people don't book a mtg over a personal time conflict. These two are very interwoven within HubSpot and need to work together seamlessly so we can protect our time AND our privacy.

TW6
Participant

Agree with this. Please implement it when possible. Office365.

Gabry

This is super important for us! How do we prevent this?

aknight1

Bump +1 for Google Calendar

luis_dadosfera

I found a workaround that helps: create a secondary calendar o Google Calendar and only schedule clients' (External) meetings. When connecting with Hubspot you can choose from up to 6 calendars per account.

Jonno_Price
Guide | Platinum Partner

Whilst I agree that it would be nice to have an option to exclude internal meetings from logging by default, there is a way to have accurate reporting by turning on and implementing Call & Email type tracking. 

1.) Turn on call and meeting type tracking in the settings for Activities
Screenshot 2022-10-10 at 15.24.52.png

2.) Add call and meeting types relevant for your business:

Screenshot 2022-10-10 at 15.25.04.png

3.) Get all of your team to start updating this on all calls and meetings logged (Tip: you can also set the call and meeting type by default for each custom meeting link - e.g. your team could have a custom meeting link for "Discovery Call" and in the settings this will automatically update the call / meeting type to "Discovery Call" etc.) 

4.) Filter your reports to only include the relevant call/meeting types. 

Screenshot 2022-10-10 at 15.26.27.png

GetMoreDeals

Would be great to be able to do a never log list for calendar meetings as well, using google calendar is putting all my meetings into the customer card messing things up!

Great function that I would truly benefit from!

nicolaichr

+1 

The functionality needs to include just options on how to track.

Right now all meetings logged through the O365 plugin with more than two people from our own organization is not being synced into HS - because two from our own organization being present in the meeting invite. But if that is one sales rep + one sales engineer AND a customer contact - it is not an internal meeting but a very normal sales meeting. Hence it is being flagged as internal and not synced due to this from a KB (https://knowledge.hubspot.com/integrations/use-hubspots-integration-with-google-calendar-or-outlook-...)  "HubSpot automatically prevents any events from being added for members of your organization based on email domain (your portal’s target and connected domains), and existing users."

This means that the "internal flagging" is getting a lot of false positives just because two from the same internal organization are attending.

This is hurting adoption and full use of the meetings future and internal sales process.

FilipBäckström

It would be great if meetings had the same functionality as emails - being able to choose when to log or not to log meetings and tracking meeting inviations would be very helpful! Shocking that this is not possible.  

Kjappenzeller
Participant

PLEASE allow an option like you go with Google Mail that allows you to CHOOSE when yo Log/Track calendar appointments to HubSpot. I cannot have every meeting syncing to HubSpot - It is a confidentiality problem AND makes it impossible to have clean data. 

GZajic

Never Log works well for e-mails being sent but it would be great if the same applied to meeting requests associated individuals on the never log list. 

We have a team member that includes various personal meetings in their calendar related to their children.  They show up on the meeting lists and have to be removed or ignored.  While it's fun to see that our team member is heading out on Friday afternoon for a ski trip with their kids, I don't think that's needed in hubspot.

An enhancement to never log current functionality would save us time and some headaches.