HubSpot Ideas

kagillespie

Exclude posts/tags/campaigns from RSS blog emails

It would be very convenient if it were possible to be able to exclude certain posts/tags/campaigns from the automatic blog emails.

If there were an option to be able to do this in the Email Editor, it would make customizing those notification emails much easier, without having to create separate blogs for all your posts.

5 Replies
GayanG
Participant

Yes!!!!!

nicolerohrer
HubSpot Employee

I have had several customers request this be an easy option in app. Especially with regards to excluding specific posts.

chrisgrimmett
Participant | Platinum Partner

Totally agree. Our client prior to using HubSpot's blog used Wordpress's RSS link to populate their emails within. HubSpot they were sending out to their contacts. As we have transitioned them over to now be fully within HubSpot, we are finding it impossible to pull the emails they want included into their weekly update. We are successuflly able to pull in all blogs from a specific blog, however, they were hoping to just be able to import a specific tag of blogs since these are the most relevant to their email list. I would love to see this as a future feature since it would align directly with HubSpot's goal to continually seek new ways to better personalize the customer expeirence. 

Jon_Sasala
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner

This would be a very helpful feature. We have had many instances where we want some content to be published and included in our blog environment, but do not want it sent to subscribers. Following

rasa-paul
Participant

All -

My company (rasa.io) has been helping our customers deliver rich content-driven newsletters for several years.  We recently published our app to the HubSpot marketplace to offer users an alternative to the HubSpot RSS Email feature.  I'm not going to use this reply as a sales push, listing feature comparisons.  But if you are looking for ways to take a content-driven newsletter beyond what HubSpot's tool can support, please take a look at our app and see if it may scratch an itch.  Or reply here, or send us an email.

We are BIG BIG believers in the whole HubSpot ecosystem, and are thrilled to be a part of it.  We look forward to helping people get more value from their newsletters!

Paul Christmann