HubSpot Ideas

FGundlach

Exclude mail account from Outlook Extension

Please add a feature to the Outlook extension that allows mail accounts to be excluded from all tracking features.

I understand that only mails of connected accounts will actually show up in Hubspot, but am still VERY concerned about forwarding private mails and trusting a private company in deleting them without leaving a trace or having any kind of vulnerabilities.

This feature has been requested in this thread for four years by over 50 of your paying customers, please implement it. Another option would be to have a full-fledged inbox for connected mails, so that I could remove my work account from Outlook entirely.

Cheers

Finn

5 Replies
JGutterman
Participant

I have this problem too.  I want to use Hubspot, but this is a deal breaker for me so I am currently looking at alternatives unless Hubspot will commit to fixing this and then follows through with a fix.

The irony is that it should be a 1 day fix - ten minutes to write the code, the remainder for testing.  There is no excuse for this, and it makes me wonder how support would be moving forward if we build solutions on Hubspot and then find issues.  Will those issues be addressed, much less in a timely manner?

mikepaterson
Participant

1 year on and still nothing. This is crazy.

RalfMetz
Participant

2 years later and still no update.

I guess it's quite common for various reasons to use Microsoft Outlook for different email accounts (different companies, projects, private email addresses).

And from my very basic understanding, it shouldn't be too hard to just disable tracking for specific accounts.

spartan300

I completely agree with @RalfMetz. This should be fixed long time ago, there are only few IF conditions needed and checkbox list to select on which mail account HubSpot extension should be tracking. Perhaps some VBA script will need to be needed to fix this issue meanwhile...

JGutterman
Participant
I basically gave up on Hubspot for this very reason. If they will not fix
this, then I am not willing to invest in their platform.