HubSpot Ideas

karstenkoehler

Exclude internal contacts from marketing email analytics and form submissions reports

Hi there!

At the moment, there isn't any option to exclude employee activity from counting towards forms analytics, marketing email analytics or campaign analytics.

For the general web analytics this can be done by excluding IP addresses, however not for other tools in HubSpot.

Why is this important?

• There needs to be a way to test conversion paths (click marketing email, submit form on page) without skewing the conversion rates before even launching a campaign. (Deleting contacts after testing doesn't do the trick, they still remain part of the email and form analytics.)
  • Especially in larger companies with a lot of employees testing assets, this makes forms and email analytics unreliable.

Thank you for looking into this.

41 Replies
ElaineSN
HubSpot Employee

+1 
Posting on behalf of a customer - This would be most important (in this use case) to exclude test contacts created while testing conversion paths etc.

Arann
HubSpot Employee
GwenH
Participant

It's been 'in planning' for three years now?

TLevytalll
Participant

Much needed. and we also need the ability to filter certain lead form submissions (support) when checking page views/submissions (submission rate%)

IgnacioMolina

Estoy en la misma situación. Asumo que se puede crear un complemento similar a lo que se hace en Google Analytics.

FLocher

Much needed!

AnnaKocsis

Is this still not available? When will it be? 

JStriker1
Participant

This is essential for internal team culture. I have members that our disengaged and never open emails. It would be nice to point this out during performance reviews.

NDeesamer

Totally agree

AStrong5

Upvote. I'm using the form submission analytics report but it isn't helpful when the majority of the form submissions are from our testing. I need to be able to filter out, at minimum, the submissions with our domain name. It would be nice if they were excluded from the Views number as well.  

Liz_McDonough

Love having the idea of separate newsletters and info going out to internal people. we have multiple emails that have data we like to send to our internal team but don't want it to skew our email efforts.

faithantion
Contributor

Agreed - one of our ideal scenarios would allow for filtering out certain contacts of our choice, including both internal and external contacts. We utilize both in forms and landing page testing and their tests, when successful, skew our analytics. KPIs like Click-Through Rate can swing wildly based on testing data. Alternately, expanding testing capabilities in forms/landing page development would be helpful, so that the experince can be fully replicated prior to publishing without the actions counting toward analytics.

Msyvrais
Key Advisor

Absolutely need this!  Internal testing of assets like landing pages is skewing campaign metrics.

These numbers are all before we have even launched our campaign.... how can we accurately see the big picture if we are impacting the campaign metrics all while testing landing page links in marketing emails etc. before going live.

Msyvrais_0-1706808981964.png

Msyvrais_1-1706808994615.png

ShiranA
Contributor | Diamond Partner

Where do we stand regarding that one tho?...

pghmarketer
Participant

As an enterprise user with over 50 marketing team members, this is a must for our team.  Please prioritize this item OR provide a solution for our teams.

EEigenraam

I love this idea @karstenkoehler!!

BPritchard

We need this! Would seem so obvious to have included to have accurate reporting. 

Kevin-T

+1  Definitely need this!

BMcRae
Participant

This is necessary and should be added to the list of exclusions for IP Addresses in settings. If the following HubSpot engagements are currently excluded from reporting when using the IPs to Exclude setting, so should all email engagements... 

• CTA Views and Clicks
  • Page Views and Clicks
  • Form Views and Submissions
  • Event Clicks (Ads, Pages, etc)
  • Social Post Clicks
  • Workflow Enrollment Counts

FYI - CTA Tracking shouldn't be used to cover email either. For those that use UTMs for email links, there's no point in using CTA Tracking.

Also, other MAPs offer true seed lists where you can include internal folks on email sends, but the engagements don't muddy your email metrics. It would be nice and standard to have this option, too. 

hubspotter594
Participant

I was just searching for this very thing as increasingly our organisation wants to CC the whole of sales in on product marketing campaigns. 
I think our internal readership would downward skew results!
Great idea - Thanks for adding this. I see you have lots and lots of Kudos already - are HubSpot developing this request?