HubSpot Ideas

robertsitalia

Exclude Some Non-Hubspot Forms From Site

Collecting data from non hubspot forms is an all or nothing scenario. I'd like to be able to limit the collection of non-hubspot-form data to just certain forms. This could be done by URL, or even a form id or something. 

https://share.getcloudapp.com/rRu7PrNY

16 Replies
ellasheldon
Participant

Totally agree!

We use HubSpot for prospects and new clients, and due to all forms creating contacts we end up with heaps of existing clients in our contact database 😞

iccoha
Participant

I really really agree with that.

Hubspot script automatically count password resetting submits as conversions and it **bleep**.

VJ

I agree with this. It would be a great addition if we can exclude specific non-hubspot forms data getting created as contacts. It can be a simple setting or a class in the form itself like .hs-exclude and the hubspot crawler can simply ignore that.

Yupvoted
HubSpot Employee

The current workaround here is to add a code that makes the tool assume that the form is collecting sensitive information for it to be rejected. 

There needs to be a more intuitive and non-code related function to help customers achieve their goals of excluding forms from being collected. 

As mentioned by @reganmcgregor, there are a lot of requests for this feature so this is worth looking into.

JRosseel

+1

danmoyle
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

Sounds like a great option for forms!

SHutchins

This is an absolute must!

BPegenaute

I can't understand how this is not possible... If we're not able to choose which forms and how the integrate, the installation of the tracking code becomes pretty redundant... 

MWeil1

We need this now!

at0mat

Such a simple thing to bake into the JS tooling... exclude by some data-attribute in the form, or as others have said by id or url or something. 
Why is HS not prioritizing implementing this??

FSjöstedt

1+

NEden
Member | Elite Partner

Please fix this. We have contacts filling in secondary forms on behalf of others which then replaces their original properties.

at0mat

Hey folks, I was struggling with this too, as you can see I post on Jan 9 looking for hubspot to do something about this. I'm not sure if this is a new addition to their code, but after digging into the forms collection js that is included on your page when you have the hubspot js snippet I found the following

hs-do-not-collect="true"

If you add this to your <form> tag as either the plain attribute like above, or with a data- prefix as in 'data-hs-do-not-collect="true"' their js will skip intercepting that form's submissions.

This seems to have worked for us to stop polluting contacts with unrelated emails.

Awesomeninja

This below Code solved my problem.. Just Add below HTML in between your <form></form> tag and add CSS style..  That's it..  KUDOS! 😀

<div class="no-show-form-data">
<label for="amex">AMEX</label>
<input type="text" name="amex" required="" value="" id="amex">
</div>

.no-show-form-data {

display: none;

}

brianpeiris

Thanks for the tip @at0mat The form attribute worked in our case as well.