HubSpot Ideas

VD_of_Xgo

Exclude Property "State" as required information in email footer settings

Hi there, 

since HubSpot is an American company, I can see how it is important to know which state a company sending emails has their locations. 

However, in eg. Germany and Switzerland it is not customary and I'd say rather odd to have to include the "state" in any communication. Here, we commonly use the postal / zip code in combination with the city to "track" where someone is based. A common German address looks like this:

Company Name

Street Address

Zip Code  City

Country (if needed for international correspondence)

Is there any way to make the field "state" in the email footer settings optional for countries outside the US - or something like that?

Thanks and best, 

Vanessa

23 Comentarios
davidrevis
Colaborador

Completely agree with this.

We are in London and when writing an address in London you wouldn't include a Town and a State (County in UK English). We are having to alter our postal address just to meet this requirement of having a State and a Town.

ASem
Miembro

I'm in agreement as well. We have office locations across the globe and STATE is a very US-centric field. HubSpot should have coding that based on country or at minimum region determines what postal fields are required.  This is a simple fix but has significant impact when engaging with prospects and clients across the globe. 

MCS
Participante

Agreed!

James_SO
Participante

Making the state optional would be of great help for those of us who don't have this structure in the countries we operate in. 

toolbeer
Miembro

Agreed, development needs to focus on a global user base.  

For those who want to bypass entering in a State name, you can enter in the ascii code for a blank space which is  

daniel_reichelt
Participante

I absolutely agree. Are there any news on this?

DannyH
Colaborador

Same problem for us here in The Netherlands. It's just uncommon to use the "state" or as we call them "provincies". I mainly have problem with this being a required field in the e-mail footer of the follow-up mails.

nunoautotrip
Colaborador

Any news on this? It's strange how a global company like Hubspot hasn't thought this through.

ChristineB
Colaborador | Partner nivel Platinum

Hi, is there any update on this, yet?

Manou
Miembro

Absolutely agree : to make the footer readable in France we have to input The ZIpCode in the field City the City in the field State to have the right order. But, you have now a coma between Zip Code and City. 

The footer has to be fully personnalized like it is in raw text version.

Rdgs

BramVandamme
Participante

2y later... i'm still stateless but i have to invent one and see two times my Town...hello hubspot??? anyone?

TonyGoodrow
Miembro

IF turning off the required bit at the db presents a challenge, how about a slight work around that includes an option in the footer diplay to show the state field or not? 

BenjaminL
Miembro | Partner nivel Diamond

After 3 years it's still not possible to leave the state field blank, please fix that, it's very inconvenient for Swiss companies.

CBriggs
Miembro

Agree, there needs to be more flexibility around the address format in the email Footer. In Sweden we also use the German format

Name

Street address

Post code City

Country

If we must include state, it should be on it's own line, separated from the postcode.

Mariamble
Miembro

Norway here, I support the idea! We use the German format as well. Hubspot, please make state optional! Update: I talked to a woman through the support chat to ask if they had any plans for a change. She said the product team were aware of the request but didn't have a timeline for a fix.

KiG
Miembro

Hi, same goes for us in Norway and I am pretty sure tons of other countries so this really is a small but important thing that ought to be proritzed. We got comments form subcribers noting this as typs in our first newsletter which is not good so please fix.

ecDMC3
Miembro

Bit late to the party, but issue still exists.

C'mon Hubspot! Allow users to omit "State" if you're outside the US of A!!

DavidVoigt
Colaborador líder | Partner nivel Diamond

As of today, this "idea" which is a missing feature, really, has status "submitted", which means, it hasn't even been looked at?
We're approaching the five-year-mark, or, as I call it, "ain't gonna happen". Please, it makes European customers ... not like HubSpot so much.

JMieritz
Miembro

Sooo annoying..

PAtlan
Colaborador

Completely second the idea. My email footer look really bizarre.