HubSpot Ideas

AndyPitre

Exchange/Outlook integration for contacts and calendar

Sales people use Outlook, period. And because that's what they use, that's where the information should be at. Best way to achieve this would be via Exchange integration so that people would have access to the same information even on their mobile and wouldn't just be dependent on a single plugin.

HubSpot Updates
November 26, 2019 12:12 PM

Hi @Bryantworks 

We do have a closed beta right now specifically to allow exchange users to use Meetings. You can reach out to your customer success rep who can sign you up for the beta. This beta allows anyone with Exchange to use the Meetings app, which creates a booking page allowing contacts to book meetings directly on your calendar.

I decided not to update the status of this thread because this beta is only adding an integration for the Meetings app. 

Best,

Glen

May 14, 2019 11:03 AM

Thanks everyone for the interest in this! I'm sorry for not providing more details on the larger scope related to   Some areas of this work have been completed and some are still in progress, I'll try and break this down based on the different ways HubSpot needs to connect with exchange:

Inbox connection:

Provide the abilty to connect your Exchange inbox with HubSpot. This allows you to use our CRM for emailing and use the Sequences tool in sales. Today, the only way to connect an Exchange inbox is through IMAP - which is an experience that we are improving to make it easier for Exchange users to connect their email. This is currently in a closed beta.

Meetings sync:

This would allow users to use the HubSpot Meetings scheduling tool with an Exchange email address. This is currently in a closed beta testing group.

Calendar sync:

This would allow Exchange users to schedule meetings through calendar invite directly through the CRM. This would also create meetings events on a contact timeline when they are added to your Exchange calendar. This work would add Exchange to the users that can use this sync: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/integrations/use-hubspots-integration-with-google-calendar-or-office-365-calendar

I hope this is helpful! Please let me know if there are other questions or features related to syncing with Outlook. We may break each of these features into separate Ideas to help with tracking and understanding.

April 08, 2019 05:53 AM

re: @Joshua_McQueen 

That's right that the Office 365 Outlook calendar bi-direcitonal sync is live! However this does not include those on an Office Exchange server.

Re: Exhange/Outlook integration for contacts and calendar - changed to: Investigating
April 03, 2017 11:02 AM

We are currently working on a calendar and contact sync for Exchange/Outlook, please feel free to comment and share ideas and examples.

90 Replies
AndyPitre
HubSpot Product Team

We are currently working on a calendar and contact sync for Exchange/Outlook, please feel free to comment and share ideas and examples.

ktclayton
RonaldHay

"We are currently working on a calendar and contact sync for Exchange/Outlook, please feel free to comment and share ideas and examples."

Andy,

I was VERY excited to finally get my IT team to purchase Office 365 until I found out we still have Exchange and we cannot use the last three tools in the Sales Pro suite.

Is there a timeline on this integration?

Eagerly waiting,

Ronnie 

CTAKevin

We would like to purchase 80 sales pro seats for our sales team until we found it doesn't support Exchange server.

Quite disappointed.

whoseyourdaddy
Participant
Our organisation are also running Exchange hosted platform, and currently with around 20 paid users not able to take all benefit from HubSpot CRM (Sequence, Calendar, Tasks, Meetings) function/integration as it requires Gmail or Outlook 365. I agree and support this program and if there is beta/sign up available, let me know and happy to test this.
quentinNTK

For our customers, lists integration into Outlook would be the killer feature, at least two organisations would jump in directly, rather than buying other customized platform.

whoseyourdaddy
Participant

We tried a workaround by enabling IMAP connection from our Exchange server, but unfortunately, HubSpot IMAP assumes that all platforms use the email address as the username in authentication purposes which is wrong as Exchange IMAP requires a format of "DOMAIN\username" as username instead of email address.

@AndyPitre, do you know when we can get exchange - hubspot working in order? otherwise, can a quick fix be implemented for IMAP to support Domain\username as the alternate username for Exchange based organisations?

BeccaArmistead
HubSpot Employee

@whoseyourdaddy - Have you seen under Advanced Options in the IMAP connector that they added the username field?

whoseyourdaddy
Participant

@BeccaArmistead, thanks yes glad to see they have added improvement there and yes i can confirm this time IMAP can connect to my account in hosted Exchange server.

However, I just did some testings but the email sync doesnt seems to be working?  Here to share some testings and i copy @ssumanth (i hope this is you Sistla) so you are aware on this case as well. :

Test 1:  send email from outlook to a contact.

Expected result: Email logged in contact timeline without the need to use outlook addins.

Actual Result: No email showing in timeline.

Test2: Retry Test 1, change primary SMTP match HubSpot login username email (as this is usually the problem for outlook addins).

Expected Result: same as Test 1.

Actual Result: not working, same as Test 1.

Test 3: From contact page in HubSpot, use HubSpot Email tab, send email to contact.

Expected result: Timeline email added. The very same email also show up in Outlook under sent item.

Actual Result: Timeline email added, however email is not in sync/not showing in outlook sent item.

Test 4: Contact email me directly.

Expected result: Email from contact arrive in my outlook inbox and show up in contact timeline.

Actual result: Email arrived in my outlook inbox but missing in contact timeline.

Bfass

I agree with many of the comments above, we use a hosted exchange account but meetings will not integrate, very disapointing as this was one of the sell point for using hubspot. Please get this working ASAP so we do need to use a third party. 

Tkhoudary
Participant

If you would, please provide a status update for the exchange/Outlook sync to our CRM. 

Thank you, 

LievenE

same here, evaluating and missing on-premise exchange integration (owa) ...

Incotec

Please, let me know if you can find a solution to use the Hubspot CRM with exchange emails and use every tool from Hubspot

p_viv
Contributor

Really need to be able to integrate with 0365 calendar to see bi-directionally sync meetings!!!

Deny

Any new about this integration? Would be very very nice 

mmedveczky

Yes, a very much needed function

Kayem68
Participant

"Sales people use Outlook, period. And because that's what they use, that's where the information should be at. Best way to achieve this would be via Exchange integration so that people would have access to the same information even on their mobile..." -AndyPitre

100 thumbs up!

We need a way to synch HubSpot Contacts to on-prem Exchange/Outlook, period.  

The lack of a simple address book of contacts will severly limit HubSpot's usefulness.

Is there a status on this effort?

LCSKMiller
Contributor

This missing piece greatly prohibits us from using the Meetings feature, which would be great feature for our team to utilize. I see quite a few people asking for an update but it doesn't appear as if anyone has heard anything. 

Dhawal
Participant

Sync Microsoft exchange calendar

Hi there,

Are there any update on Microsoft exchange calendar integration with Hubspot Meetings?