HubSpot Ideas

AndyPitre

Exchange/Outlook integration for contacts and calendar

Sales people use Outlook, period. And because that's what they use, that's where the information should be at. Best way to achieve this would be via Exchange integration so that people would have access to the same information even on their mobile and wouldn't just be dependent on a single plugin.

90 Replies
Maurits

@AndyPitre is the exchange connect for the calender function ready yet? We still use exchange and would love to connect the agenda's for the meeting part. I can only find the one for office and google. 

Gr,

Maurits

ppaquet
Participant

Hi ! 

Do you have some news about this feature ? 

I would be awesome to have it. 

Thanks !

aroehr

This is basic functionality for professionals, and 12 months is more than enough time for Hubspot to have gone from "planning the functionality" to actually delivering something.  Hubspot must be able to stay synchronized with Exchange/Office365.  Today it is impeding uptake in my company,  because our folks need to add the record in Outlook, then rekey into Hubspot.  Then, they get out of synch.

Contacts

Calendars

Tasks

Bi-directional synch is a must have for this to actually be a productivity enhancer for our firm.  While it is great that 3rd parties  have stepped  in, we should not have to buy, configure and maintain additional tools for this.

wisepmac

Seems strange that it would take a year of planning.

Id really like to look at O365, but this is a no-go until there is integration.

Would like to see at least  an update on a potential timeline. Or has it been pushed way back

Maurits

@AndyPitre is there a status update on the exchange plugin for meetings and agenda's?

adWhiteMrktg
Member | Platinum Partner

Would like an update as well. We see there has been a workaround made to get EMAIL integration working for non-Office 365 accounts, but there is no CALENDAR work around for non-Office 365 accounts. 

JohanB
Participant

@AndyPitre really curious to hear an update on this. We really need meetings created/updated in Office 365 to be created/updated on relevant deals and contacts in HubSpot as engagements with the type "meeting". 

RolyHorwood
Participant

Any news? Deafening silence....

ndwilliams3
Key Advisor

Will this also solve this idea 

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Integrate-Meetings-tool-with-Google-calendar-integrat...

Where the "Schedule" activity on the contact record will add to Outlook/Office 365 calendar?

dtwuensch

What is the status of the Exchange Integration?

I am currently using calendly as a bandaid, but want to use and promote a total HubSpot Solution as a user and as a partner

JoeBidwell

Definitely needed! thank you for working on it. managing both calendars is a bear. 

My apologies if this has been said before: I have the gmail sync. Set it up in order to jumper over to outlook, but to no avail. One issue I have is when "add to gmail calendar" is checked, then it sends an invite to me and the contact attendees. I would like to be able to set up meetings on my calendar and have the option to not invite the attendee. The meeting entry is often where I write planning notes for the upcoming meeting and document the outcome. In those cases, i don't want to send that as an invite to the person i'm meeting with...anyway, keep at it as this will very helpful.

Also, make sure this integrates with the brand-domains functionality please

Neil-CoastLM
Participant

Meetings is a big feature that attracted my company to HubSpot Sales. We run Microsoft Exchange too and we'd like to be able to "easily" use this.

KateElizabeth
Contributor

HubSpot: is there a status on an integration of HubSpot calendar to Outlook/Office 365? Thanks!

Valery

Exchange integration is really necessary. Where do you stand with this project?

Thanks in advance

Joshua_McQueen
Contributor

I would also like an update on the status of this integration.

nikk
Participant

Outlook is currently connected with meetings tool. But really need it to connect with the scheduling tool.

kittyj2345

We are not using hubspot's calendar tool at all- just using outlook.

The contact profiles in the outlook extension is a nice try, but it's not really usable because it is opened by typing in the contact's email address. Expecting everyone to memorize all of our contacts' email addresses is fairly unrealistic. All you need to do is make it so it will look up a contact record based on typing in a name. 

krispag
Top Contributor

Just to be clear, per Support, the Office 365 Meetings integration will only work if:

1. The user is connecting to an Office 365 subscription account.

AND

2. The user's email account is hosted with Outlook 365.

NOTE: Simply having Office 365 connected to your company's Microsoft Exchange server will not work!

This is a low-point for the product as Microsoft Exchange is the industry standard for internally hosted email. Sure, some organizations use other services like G-Suite or Office 365, but the numbers certainly do not compare to Microsoft Exchange. If CRM is expected to be the unified work tool for sales and marketing professionals, this issue should be resolved sooner than later.

piotr

Andy do you have ETA?

amycwong11
Member | Partner

We are a relatively new HubSpot paid account... We are integrating the sales platform. I am very disappointed to know that we cannot do meeting scheduling through Microsoft Exchange Server even though we upgraded to Microsoft 365.

I see this thread has been going on for quite some time. I hope something will be done soon to fix this.