HubSpot Ideas

lsirac

Enter 2 email addresses for a contact

Some businesses benefit from entering 2 different email addresses for a single contact. For now, they create a custom property "secondary email", but if someone fills in a form with this secondary email, they have to manually merge the contact every time.

HubSpot Updates
In Beta
November 02, 2017 08:54 AM

The ability to add multiple emails to a contact is currently in beta!

In Planning
April 06, 2017 08:01 AM

151 Replies
gelflex-cc
Key Advisor

I am experiencing a similar issue.  Sent an email to a contact through the CRM. Received an email back and it was not logged. Used the forward option, which unfortunately includes my signature and makes it difficult to read. 

The first forward did not work. Checked for a duplicate assuming he used another email.  No duplicate.  I did notice that the email he used was the secondary email for the contact. This is problematic as there is no way to know what the contact will do to respond and having the right information, in the right place, when you need it is critical. 

Any thoughts?  I am going to post with the secondary email group/email not logging as well. 

DennisHart
Contributor

I agree. There are lots of reasons why it would sense. Divoced parents- primary and secondary e-mail addresses.Personal and professional. Multiple gigs. I have my partner log in and my client email account in HubSpot! But would want to decide whether to send to primary or secondary or both. Don't make that an upgrade feature. It's pretty fundamental. You can count the e-mail addresses. That's how you monetize it. 

bradytraeder
Contributor

@Sophie_Higgs can we join the beta?

bradytraeder
Contributor

can i be added to the beta?

BB1
Top Contributor

This is open for all users now. Edit the contact's email and add email, then can delete other email or set primary.

elizabethoc

Yes this is really important and you don't always know that you have duplicate entries for the same person!!!

elizabethoc

also it means you may be overcommunicating with a contact because you are sending emails to both addresses. I agree that it is fundemental.

crhobx

Two or more contact email addresses are so badly needed in HubSpot! Looking forward to an update on when this capability might be implemented.

jzeesman
Participant | Gold Partner

The fact that we can add multiple email addresses to existing contacts (and select which one is the primary email) is awesome, but the inability to create contacts with multiple email addresses from the get-go makes it a pain to have contacts with multiple emails since any email beyond the first must be added manually.

I don't know how feasible this is, but … the ability to add multiple email addresses both within HubSpot's "Create Contact" window (maybe keeping the same single-line text box, but using a semicolon to separate multiple emails and making the first email in the list the primary email), as well as adding support for multiple email addresses within CSV imports (still in one cell, separated via semicolons, making the first email the primary), would be HUGE.

Alexrott
Contributor

cheers!

WBeasley
Participant

Is this still in beta after three years?