Hola! ¡Tenemos nuestra Comunidad en Español!

Enter 2 email addresses for a contact

Some businesses benefit from entering 2 different email addresses for a single contact. For now, they create a custom property "secondary email", but if someone fills in a form with this secondary email, they have to manually merge the contact every time.

HubSpot updates
Enter 2 email addresses for a contactHubSpot Product Team
changed to: In Beta
09-05-2019

The ability to add multiple emails to a contact is currently in beta!

Enter 2 email addresses for a contactCommunity Manager
changed to: In Planning
09-05-2019

141 Comentarios
philipp
Asesor destacado

Please do this feature!! Soon! Thanks

myitsupport
Asesor destacado

I'd like a field in the Contact's profile for an alternative email, to list personal and business emails. I have multiple contacts that I have to merge weekly because they use multiple email addresses and the Hubspot Sales email tracking creates a new contact each time. 

amp
Occasional Contributor

there needs to be an option for an existing and merged lead to select/pulldown multipe email addresses.  you should not have to have two duplicate contacts nor should you have to delete a record.

Community Manager
Community Manager
Estado actualizado a: Needs Detail

Hey @myitsupport to clarify, are you looking for the ability to be able to enter two / multiple emails for one contact record? If so please see this feature request: Enter 2 email addresses for a contact

andyb
Regular Contributor

I completely agree with the users' comments. I have just switched over from Insightly, am now paying £500 + per month and the one email address to one contact is a major issue. 
To an extent, I could live with it short-term if there was a way to manually link a received email to more than 1 contact when forwarding from Gmail (same an Insightly does), but there isn't. So emails get split over several 'same' contacts & we completely lose the thread of the conversation. 
This is basic stuff for a CRM system.
Thanks
Andy

andyb
Regular Contributor

I completely agree with the users' comments. I have just switched over from Insightly, am now paying £500 + per month and the one email address to one contact is a major issue. 
To an extent, I could live with it short-term if there was a way to manually link a received email to more than 1 contact when forwarding from Gmail (same an Insightly does), but there isn't. So emails get split over several 'same' contacts & we completely lose the thread of the conversation. 
This is basic stuff for a CRM system.
Thanks
Andy

Cameron_Smith
Occasional Contributor

Agree this is a MAJOR issue.  We recently switched from Salesforce to use HubSpot, but we too are very frustrated that we cannot use more than one email with a Contact.  We end up with multiple Contact records for one person now, it is a complete headache and we may need to switch back to the old Salesforce + MailChimp combination that was clunky and more manual in nature, but it certainly worked.

Community Managers, thank you for your responses, it is clear this isn't an easy switch for you all.  At Salesforce, the unique identifier is a unique, Salesforce Account Number -- why not do the same with a unique HubSpot Account Number and not have ANY fields like an email address be limited to just one on a Contact?  This is about as major a limitation as I can think of.  I cannot recommend HubSpot yet, please fix!

christareed
Occasional Contributor

2 email addresses is an absolute necessity. PLEASE make this change Emoticono feliz

eloyd
Regular Contributor

Not only everything that's already been mentioned, but we do a lot of government contracting where the contract officers have multiple emails depending on which computer they're sitting in front of (hard to explain).  So it might be "Chris Smith" or "Chris A. Smith" or "C. A. Smith", each with a different email.  But they're all the same person discussing the same deal.

Andzejs
Visitor

We are evaluating solution but lack of multiple emails per contact will be dealbreaker. We use Highrise with less functionality, but they have resolved this issue from the day one. Can't believe this should even be discussed. About 30% of our customers would use multiple email addresses, how do we forward their emails to HubSpot?