Hola! ¡Tenemos nuestra Comunidad en Español!

Enter 2 email addresses for a contact

Some businesses benefit from entering 2 different email addresses for a single contact. For now, they create a custom property "secondary email", but if someone fills in a form with this secondary email, they have to manually merge the contact every time.

139 Replies
gelflex-cc
Top Advisor

There is so much to read here.  

Bottom line, where is this idea in the planning stages? 

noviapratiwi
Occasional Contributor

Dear HubSpot developer,

HubSpot provides us for the all-in-one software platform, however, either you are highly in tech or we are so much lagging behind. CRM, SALES, MARKETING, AND SERVICE, NOW WITH GROWTH - ALL IS CONNECTED. 

This input highly demands and we are asking for help in managing and keeping our contact as healthy with sending an email.

Novia 

William3
New Contributor

Hi guys,

We are trying to show to Hubspot's Team, that we really need to attach offline contacts to a campaign !

Please help us by Upvote this topic : https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Attaching-Offline-contacts-to-a-campaign/idi-p/176902

Thanks !

Enchev
Occasional Contributor

This idea is already implemented.

Screenshot 2019-07-30 at 9.22.28.png

This is a fake contact, no real info has been shared.

ReUpEducation
Regular Contributor

@Enchev Not in a meaningful way. You can't email the secondary address nor can you import to that field or export it.

eloyd
Regular Contributor

You can email to the second address, but only after you've created the email in the first place.  Then you can click on the person's name and add the second email to the email, then delete the first email address.  We've found no other way to do it and there is no way to "email all email addresses for this contact" that we're aware of.

We're happy enough with the multiple email field as is, but there's so much else that's wrong with HubSpot these days that we've moved back to Excel and Trello.  I guess the shine is gone.

jleemarkon
Regular Visitor

I wonder if a functionality where you could associate contact multiple records with each other (such as the existing functionality that allows you to create Parent/Child relationships between company records) may be a way to solve it.

You'd still have to designate one email/contact record as the primary ("Parent" contact).

Additional email/contact records for that person would then need to be associated with that record as "Child" contact record(s). 

All activity from the "Child" record(s) roll up into the activity feed of the "Parent" contact record. 

Perhaps this could resolve the issue without compromising the core functionality/configuration of the product. 

Just thought I'd throw an actual idea out there, since solutions tend to be more helpful than complaints Smiley Happy 

HannahBrown
New Contributor

I might be mis understanding what you're asking here but you can add two email addresses to a contact which then stores the activity in the contact or company record.  I often add additional email addresses to a contact or their PA's contact email to ensure we capture all activity.  

eloyd
Regular Contributor

Yah, but seriously - it took 3 years for this to go from suggestion to implemented.  They still don't have tags.  There still isn't a way to customize the "follow-up in X days" fields, and there's a host of other things that point to HubSpot taking their Angel money and stock options and then sitting around not updating their app for years.

Oh, unless you want to pay for their market research.  That, they're willing to update.  But not the free or small change stuff.